Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back

Rate this Entry
Conversation with a friend from work who had been out and I hadn't seen in about 2 months...
Her- "People were talking about you..."
Me-"Who's talking shit about me?"
Her-"No they were saying how you were so tiny and shrinking."
Me-"Oh! LOL. I thought I was going to have to fight someone."

So that really happened. I was happy for the compliments, though I have apparently been the talk of my training group (the people I was promoted with). I know I have gotten a lot of compliments and comments about my weight loss. None of them know I had the VGS. Still not planning on telling any of them. I am not close with them like that.

On a sad note, my best pal at work had her last day yesterday. She is not quitting but she is moving back to Maryland to be with her husband. She will be working from home. She is also Italian so we have all our breaks/lunches together and speak Italian the whole time. We have been doing that since we started together in July of 2015. I am really going to miss her. Thank God for technology. Makes it easier to keep in touch.

I just squeaked into 144 territory this morning. I don't claim it until I see the number on the scale for 2 consecutive days. (My scale measures by to the 10th of a lb.) So fingers crossed that I will see it tomorrow and get to claim my victory.

My hips are still feeling pretty good. I am going to try to go for a little jog this weekend and see how I feel. If I notice any discomfort, I will stop right away. Fingers crossed that I am well enough to get some jogging in. I truly miss it.

I am 16 weeks out today. Time is flying by, I swear. IN A HEARTBEAT....I would do it all again in a heartbeat! Hope you are all having a fantastic week and doing big things!

Submit "16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back" to Digg Submit "16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back" to del.icio.us Submit "16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back" to StumbleUpon Submit "16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back" to Google

Comments

Good work buddy....keep rocking it!
    Christie,
    I love your posts--so positive and upbeat!
    Linda51
    Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousbig
    Good work buddy....keep rocking it!
    Thanks Alvin! You are killing it too! Your exercise habits are AMAZING!!!! Maybe we will both do our 1/2 marathon around the same time. My goal is December for the Rock-n-Roll one that is here in San Antonio!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Christie,
    I love your posts--so positive and upbeat!
    Linda51
    Thank you Linda. I know some people get depressed after surgery but I have seriously been euphoric for 16 weeks now!
    Damn, you are rocking this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Damn, you are rocking this!
    Thanks Ann!! I have great role models like you to look to for advice and inspiration!
    Good for you!! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments.
    Quote Originally Posted by elle77
    Good for you!! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments.
    Thanks Elle!