Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

saramichelle

three up - attitude adjustment

Rate this Entry
Well fellow sleevers, today I ADDED three pounds to my ticker (must remain accountable and honest with myself). Truthfully, I have rolled along rather happily since surgery. I made a few bad food choices this last week. That being said, I still ate so little of the bad food (so to speak) that I was astounded to step on the scale and be up three pounds! It seems the key to my weight loss is remaining low carb. Has anyone else found this to be true? Even a few crackers and my weight loss will freeze. I honestly miss carbs but don't want to waste this amazing tool I've been given.
I know I need to adjust my thinking but am not sure exactly how to go about it. Telling myself crackers are evil just makes me want to eat them!!! I don't splurge eat or graze all day or anything like that. It just seems like my weight is super sensitive to every little thing.... Sorry for venting. I am so grateful you all are here to talk to.
Thoughts welcome!

Submit "three up - attitude adjustment" to Digg Submit "three up - attitude adjustment" to del.icio.us Submit "three up - attitude adjustment" to StumbleUpon Submit "three up - attitude adjustment" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I, too, do better when I remain low carb. I don't exactly count my carbs (because I am just too lazy to do that) but I do avoid things like bread, crackers, pasta, rice, sweets, fruit, and the like. I focus my eating around protein and veggies. I already knew I was carb sensitive. I also know that when I eat carbs I crave carbs. The thing that I eat to have some "carb" like food is pork rinds. I know they are not for everyone so you may not like them. I especially like to have the hot ones and put cream cheese on them. And it is not like I can eat very many of them. I am sorry about your weight gain but it could also just be water retention because your body is not used to processing the carbs perhaps.
    It could be just water retention from eating too much salt.
    But yes, many people are not doing well with carbs. I realized it a few years back when doing a one year diet. So when my nut gave me my plan post-op, I could tell her right away that I was going to do something different. Here in Asia people eat lots of carbs and their metabolism is fine with it. I just can't. And I didn't follow a really strict low carb like a few here that went to like 30gr per day, I was more around 60/80 because I knew anything more and I wouldn't lose. I'm glad I did that because that way I was able to lose 100 pounds so far and I wouldn't have been that far with my initial guidelines. Just check your weight several days in a row before looking at those 3 pounds as a gain...they could be just "floating" pounds and gone tomorrow! good luck!
    thanks guys!!!