Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

Day 6 Post Op - Very happy with results so far!

Rate this Entry
Hi All,

I got more than 64 ounces yesterday! Combination of protein shakes, herbal tea, water, beef broth, powerade zero and sugar free popsicles.

I decided to be bold today and add in some thinned out tomato soup with fat free milk. No issues! Tolerated well and what a welcomed change after the last 3 weeks!

I am a newbie so don't have much advise to give but I can tell you that I believe that following the doc's instructions to the T is paramount for best results.

Some things that I have been doing that has worked well for me:

1) Sip Sip Sip Sip Sip Sip Sip and then Sip some more!
2) I take an Omeprazole first thing in morning
3) Take bariatric Vitamins
4) Take Calcium Supplement
5) Take B12 Spray
6) Walk as much as possible, just move (arm flapping, whatever...)
7) Take Gas X strips
8) Check body temperature daily
9) Use the respiratory device as instructed by doctor
10) Put Miralax in 12 ounces of liquid
11) Rest
12) Use this forum and watch educational VSG videos on You Tube

I wish I had a before and after pic of my feet. Before surgery always swollen and sore, now not swollen. My wife told me this morning she saw my calf muscles again which she said she has not seen in years.

I also cried today, not embarrassed to tell you that. They were tears of joy.

Regards,

Tommy

Submit "Day 6 Post Op - Very happy with results so far!" to Digg Submit "Day 6 Post Op - Very happy with results so far!" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 6 Post Op - Very happy with results so far!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 6 Post Op - Very happy with results so far!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you so very much for you posts. Especially this one. I am still jumping through the hoops to get approved. I hope to have surgery with your Doctor's partner by the end of March. So far so good. At what point did they schedule your surgery? After the endoscopy? I also have a hietal hernia I am hoping they will fix at the same time. Are you taking OTC Prilosec? I have a prescription and the pills are large capsules. Can't imagine getting one of those down after surgery. I have been scared to death but seeing are doing okay and hearing of your progress really helps. Don't blame you for the tears - if you are like most over weight people who have tried everything else and it didn't work and finally finding something that did must be overwhelming!
    Don't ever be ashamed to admit that you're so happy with the results so far that you had a nice cry! This is an amazing surgery and it assists people do and be different in ways never imagined. I tell others, "It's like a miracle."

You're going to do amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlyrocky
    Thank you so very much for you posts. Especially this one. I am still jumping through the hoops to get approved. I hope to have surgery with your Doctor's partner by the end of March. So far so good. At what point did they schedule your surgery? After the endoscopy? I also have a hietal hernia I am hoping they will fix at the same time. Are you taking OTC Prilosec? I have a prescription and the pills are large capsules. Can't imagine getting one of those down after surgery. I have been scared to death but seeing are doing okay and hearing of your progress really helps. Don't blame you for the tears - if you are like most over weight people who have tried everything else and it didn't work and finally finding something that did must be overwhelming!
    They scheduled my surgery right after the Insurance Company gave final approval. You also have to complete everything that Dr. Allison requires. My last thing was a final pre op approval from my family doctor, he had to submit a letter to their office. I had surgery about 30 days after the Insurance gave approval. I think it could have been sooner but Dr. Tieu was on vacation for some time.

They will fix the hiatal hernia, you get a 2 for 1! lol

Right now my pill is by prescription from the surgery and is a capsule. I open it and mix with a small spoon of stage 1 baby applesauce.

Pills need to be smaller than an M&M so some you may need to break up.

Don't be scared! You are in great hands and they will take great care of you. About an hour after surgery I was walking the halls and actually saw Dr. Allison making rounds. He was the surgeon who I met at the original seminar but chose Dr. Tieu as that is who my primary doc was most familiar with but again, both are exceptional surgeons.

BTW, this was my first surgery ever. First time under anesthesia. One thing I would suggest is to try to have your surgery early in morning. This helped me because I was calm and didn't have part of the day to think about it. I got in my truck with my wife, headed to the hospital and didn't wait around long, they took me in quickly and next thing I knew it was over and I was in my room recovering.

You got this!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Don't ever be ashamed to admit that you're so happy with the results so far that you had a nice cry! This is an amazing surgery and it assists people do and be different in ways never imagined. I tell others, "It's like a miracle."

You're going to do amazing!!
    Thank you very much!
    TOMMY!!!!! So glad to hear that everything is going so well! And I know what you mean about tears of joy....I seriously have been on cloud 9 since surgery. Every day is another NSV and I am so happy with my results. I am so glad you are having just as great of a recovery as I had. It always makes me happy when I see someone else having such great recovery/results. Yes, the creamed soups with skim milk were my savior during the first 2 weeks. I couldn't stand the taste of the sweetness of protein shakes. (Now I don't mind it.) So happy for you my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    TOMMY!!!!! So glad to hear that everything is going so well! And I know what you mean about tears of joy....I seriously have been on cloud 9 since surgery. Every day is another NSV and I am so happy with my results. I am so glad you are having just as great of a recovery as I had. It always makes me happy when I see someone else having such great recovery/results. Yes, the creamed soups with skim milk were my savior during the first 2 weeks. I couldn't stand the taste of the sweetness of protein shakes. (Now I don't mind it.) So happy for you my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    Thank you very much!
    Thank you for responding! Yes two for one! I have 3 appts. on Friday. Then all I have left is the endoscopy at the beginning of March and a 3 hour nutrition class a couple days later. I am self pay and I have no insurance company involved. I am 61 years old so not exactly a spring chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlyrocky
    Thank you for responding! Yes two for one! I have 3 appts. on Friday. Then all I have left is the endoscopy at the beginning of March and a 3 hour nutrition class a couple days later. I am self pay and I have no insurance company involved. I am 61 years old so not exactly a spring chicken!
    You will feel like a spring chicken in no time! I have an appointment this morning with first weigh in since prior to surgery.

The pre-op class is very good, you will get a ton of information from it.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I made this decision. I know I am only 9 days out from surgery but already feel like a new man!

Regards,

Tommy