Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

9-Month Sleeversary

Rate this Entry
Well, just a quick update on my progress toward my health and weight goals. But first, I want to share some amazing news too, I received a grad school acceptance letter from USC!!! I am not counting my chickens just yet as I am waiting to hear from the financial aid office as to what type of scholarships I may receive, and I am still waiting to hear from another grad program so crossing fingers and toes still. My partner and I have come up with a contingency living plan, whatever happens we will make it work. I am extremely blessed to know that I have his love and support. Also, he surprised me this morning with an announcement that he booked us a trip to Paris, France for 12 days end of July! We had been talking about it for the last year, so he found us a great deal he didn't want to pass up. So... that part of my life is looking real positive, and on the bright side I don't have to get on some extreme diet to get ready for the trip!!!

Weight: February 17, 2017

Weight: 177.1 lbs down 48.9 lbs from surgery (and 68 lbs from highest weight)

Sooo despite currently being on my "moon" the scale has snailed toward the right direction.

Currently, last week I upped my calories to 1300 on some days, I am eating a balanced diet with lots yummi protein from food, veggies and some legumes, whole grains, nuts and seeds, and while I have cut down on treats somewhat, they are still finding their way to my mouth. My daughter in law gave me milk chocolates for Valentine's Day. However, I've added more protein in form of an evening Casein Protein shake to help curve that sweet tooth.

Average Macros
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 1.06.45 PM.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	26564

Some days I have done well over 110g protein, but some days I fell on the lower end.

photo taken a week ago today.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full Moon 10FEB17.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	26565

Submit "9-Month Sleeversary" to Digg Submit "9-Month Sleeversary" to del.icio.us Submit "9-Month Sleeversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "9-Month Sleeversary" to Google

Comments

Happy sleeversary! You look fabulous! And I love that're you're grabbing the moon (or is it the sun?!)!! I know what you mean about protein intake....and while I am not a super tracker (I track in my head daily)...I find I have good and bad protein days. I think you are doing well in finding that healthy eating lifestyle versus diet mentality and it is going to suit you well in the long term.
    And PARIS!!!! So very exciting!! Have you been before? You are going to love it! You totally deserve the trip and you are going to look so great in all your vacation pics! Take a ton!
    Congrats!!! many great news to be happy about!! you're doing amazing on the sleeve side, grad school!! hourra!! and even better for the trip!!

You shouldn't worry about low and high protein days. Balance is actually "done" over one month, I did learn that during one of my nutrition classes. Not sure how accurate it is but I had some very good and very bad days regarding proteins, average is probably very good since I didn't lose any muscle for the last 9 months...
    I will PM you about Paris!!
    Shirl
    Congrats on all progress and exciting happenings!
    You have contributed so much to this forum and it is rewarding to see you doing so well! It inspires me to strive for goals across all aspects of life.
    What will be your grad school major?
    Shirl
    Congratulations on all the great things happening in your life right now! Grad school! Weight loss! and PARIS!!

If you've never been to Paris, you will love it. I've been there twice and I would go every year if I could!
    Congrats, Shirl, on all fronts.
    yay!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    yay!!!
    WomYn! I miss you!