Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

I'm home!

Rate this Entry
I was discharged at 7pm yesterday. So far so good. In a bit of pain but is manageable. Challenge has been getting in the liquids as it feels like it is being forced and there is still gas. Trying to move as much as possible and sip sip sip. I assume it gets easier each day. I also farted today, FYI. Best one I've ever had. Only pain med I'm taking is liquid Tylenol. They gave me some liquid hydrocodone but I don't like it. GasX strips seem to help too. My wifey made me some spearmint tea which also seems to settle the stomach. Sipping a diluted protein shake with Miralax in it as well. Well, time to catch up on Netflix!

Good luck to all getting ready for surgery!

Submit "I'm home!" to Digg Submit "I'm home!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm home!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm home!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for the information. Glad you are doing okay! How long were you in surgery?
    I was wheeled into surgery around 8am and was in my room around 11am. I think the actual surgery was about 1 1/2 hours. Dr. Tieu also fixed my hernia.
    Thanks for the info.
    Congrats on your surgery. I can tell you that it gets easier each day and it is very difficult to get much in that first week. Just do what you can. Just remember to sip often and you will be ok. Warm liquids were definitely easier for me in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats on your surgery. I can tell you that it gets easier each day and it is very difficult to get much in that first week. Just do what you can. Just remember to sip often and you will be ok. Warm liquids were definitely easier for me in the beginning.
    Thank you! I feel a little better than yesterday which is a positive sign. Just working on getting in the liquids and moving around. I was going to go back to work Monday but may take a couple more days.
    congratulations on your surgery. Get well soon. Enjoy netflix.
    Congrats on surgery! Glad you are doing well! I am going in tomorrow! Yikes! I am not nervous yet, hopefully I will not be tomorrow! Keep us posted with your updates!