Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TarotAces

A 'bread' to try/make soon ish

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
Non-sleeve me again here. (Can you tell it's the dead of winter and I'm just knocking around the 'net?)

You may like what is sometimes referred to as one-minute bread. Individual-serving recipes can be found by searching online. Some recipes include the addition of oil and artificial sweetener, but I don't add these two ingredients. For expediency, I mix the dry ingredients in bulk and store them in a canister. To make, I put an egg and spoonful of water into a ramekin and add 3 rounded tablespoons of the dry mix, beat with a fork to blend and microwave for 90 seconds. After cooling for a minute, I slice in half and toast. We haven't had (nor missed having) any kind of bread in the house for about a year now. This muffin-like bread is so satisfying that even I, with my original, full-size, factory-installed stomach, may sometimes eat only half of one. It tastes good, but doesn't elicit that insulin/appetite response that makes one want to keep eating beyond satisfaction, which I find nothing short of miraculous. As far as total carbs/net carbs, it's tough to calculate since there are more fiber grams than carb grams, but here are the MyFitnessPal numbers fot the recipe I use:

Total carbs 3.5g, dietary fiber 9.4g, fat 17.4g, protein 12g, calories 231.

Here's my bulk recipe: 1 cup grated parmesan, 1-1/2 cup almond meal (flour), 1 cup golden flax, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt.

Oh, yeah, and it's also nutritious, whereas regular bread is often little more than just processed carbs.

Just my 2 cents. You do you! And best to you!

Submit "A 'bread' to try/make soon ish" to Digg Submit "A 'bread' to try/make soon ish" to del.icio.us Submit "A 'bread' to try/make soon ish" to StumbleUpon Submit "A 'bread' to try/make soon ish" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow!! Thanks so much!!
    That is awesome. I am going to have to try this one day. If you try it before I do, let me know how it goes!
    Sweet! I'm a sucker for anything that even resembles bread. I'm gonna have to try this, once I'm way post op of course.
    I actually made it the day she posted recipe. I can say I tried. But it was not as tasty as it sounds. Not my cup of tea.