Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mickey93250

Not a big loss

Rate this Entry
Today is the 21st day post op and the weight came off pretty fast in the first 2 weeks but now it's not so much. I weighted in today and had only lost 2lbs in a week was a little discouraging. I'm am in week 2 of puree not sure if it is the change from liquid to puree that slowed the loss. If anyone had the same issue?

Submit "Not a big loss" to Digg Submit "Not a big loss" to del.icio.us Submit "Not a big loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Not a big loss" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't worry. Keep up the good work! You'll lose it!
    You will keep losing. And remember most people hit a stall somewhere around the 3-5 week marks and then it will pick up again. And let's be honest, before surgery any week losing 2 lbs would have been a miracle...especially being able to keep it off. I am at 14 weeks and I average about 2 lbs a week and I am completely good with that. Because they stay off. No ping ponging!! You'll see. Bust this stall and it will pick up!
    No worries here, look at what you lost since the beginning, always !
    It will vary from one week to an other, or even from one month to an other one. Expect many stalls in the process, it's normal, the body needs time to catch up.
    Have your protein, vitamins, drink enough water because not enough water will slow down the weight loss. You're doing great!
    Thanks guys I appreciate the input and cheer leading
    It'll TOTALLY pick back up if you get your protein, water and walking in. Stalls are a necessary thing the body has to go through in order to adapt to the changing weight (According to Dr. Alvarez, from The Ask Dr. A Show on YouTube. (which BTW, I highly recommend watching!)
    I noticed a stall from Liquids to puree food. It's just your body adjusting to the new you. Even if it is slow, it will come off. Don't give up. I'm the stall queen and I just go with it now.
    just keep up with your routine, drink your fluids, get your protein in and all will be good.

I agree with @tarotaces on watching The Ask Dr. A Show on YouTube. He's answered so many of my questions
    Just FYI, I got stuck for almost two weeks and then dropped five more pounds.... stalls are normal, albeit annoying. Hang in there. I just remind myself that every food/beverage decision counts, keep my bad carbs down and power through. YOU CAN DO IT!