Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Officially just overweight!

Rate this Entry
So I lost another pound and am now officially just overweight. Woohoo!! My BMI is 29.9! So freaking happy!
Did my run tonight and it was great. It was pretty dark but I was careful. I had a great run. Warm up, 10 min run, 5 min walk, 10 min run, cool down. That's it. Felt pretty good. Came home and decided I deserved a reward for all my hard work with my running. Got on my Amazon Prime account and ordered some new toys. Ordered some Brooks running shoes, a runners belt for my iPhone, lights for my shoes, and also some reflective arm bands. I really didn't spend much and then because it is prime I will have it all in 2 days with free shipping. Love that. Prime membership is the best $100 I spend all year. On top of all the shopping I do and save on, we get free Amazon TV.
Gah...now I cannot wait to try out those new running shoes. They are pretty hot looking too!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoes2.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	388.3 KB 
ID:	26543
Anyways, it's been a long day so going to bed early! Hope you are all having a great week!

Submit "Officially just overweight!" to Digg Submit "Officially just overweight!" to del.icio.us Submit "Officially just overweight!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Officially just overweight!" to Google

Comments

Go gurl! Great job....keep pushin and have fun with your new life and body....simply awesome! Alvin
    Congrats! great news!!
    Getting to that BMI is actually my goal. Doc think I should not go lower because of my scan results...we'll see, plenty of time before I reach it! hopefully next Summer...
    I know what you mean with Amazon, I miss it so much! because I still travel to the US I kept prime anyway, I can have access to music and TV , AND still useful when I send gifts too.
    I love my last running shoes, I use it for walking but they give me the best support. It's the Asic Gel Noosa. Since 4 of my toes broke almost two years ago finding the right shoes has been worth than before but those shoes are just great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousbig
    Go gurl! Great job....keep pushin and have fun with your new life and body....simply awesome! Alvin
    Thanks Alvin! I am loving this new life! I cannot believe I waited so long to do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Congrats! great news!!
    Getting to that BMI is actually my goal. Doc think I should not go lower because of my scan results...we'll see, plenty of time before I reach it! hopefully next Summer...
    I know what you mean with Amazon, I miss it so much! because I still travel to the US I kept prime anyway, I can have access to music and TV , AND still useful when I send gifts too.
    I love my last running shoes, I use it for walking but they give me the best support. It's the Asic Gel Noosa. Since 4 of my toes broke almost two years ago finding the right shoes has been worth than before but those shoes are just great.
    I have lived overseas many years but was always at a base so I had all the American conveniences with the added perk of living in different countries. I spent most of my life in Italy because my mother was Italian and my father retired Air Force. But I also have lived in the Netherlands, Japan, Turkey, Spain, and Germany. Not a bad life! I never got Amazon prime until I moved back to the US. I did do a lot of online shopping, though. Just no prime membership.
    I am going to try out these Brooks as I have heard great things, but if they don't feel awesome to run in I will definitely look into the Asic ones. I wear tennis shoes often so I don't mind if I end up using them as just regular shoes. I am hoping they are great though. I am definitely needing extra cushioning. Ah, the joys of aging. LOL.
    My husband and I grew up spending most of our childhood overseas. We basically came back to France for High School, when we met. After Uni and a few years in the work force I got my first job overseas and my husband followed me in my field so we could work together. We started to buy online before we left France 15 years ago but at that time it was a pain in the neck to return anything and sometimes it was just quicker to just take the car and go pick up the item from a store.
    We moved to the US 10 years ago, I discovered Prime soon after and it was so great and easy for two working parents! I also tried the pantry thing in March. Price was good but delivery too long.
    Anyway, once you had great service, it feels like going back in the past to use something else.
    In a few countries online is almost not existent. Here in Taiwan, it does work but Chinese is an issue (I'm not really fluent enough to find it easy), and since it's mainly all in cash in Asia, even for online shopping it's the same and it's not that convenient. If you don't have the only bank card they accept from their own bank (usually I don't ) you have to go pay cash to a convenience store but have only 24h to do that.
    At the end, I'm frustrated but spend less because I just think " I would need that but will wait for my next trip to the US".
    So I got my shoes in March when I was in the US because I was able to order several pairs and find one that my feet liked. I still wear W in Sport shoes, don't really need to any more but I like to have thick socks. In Asia no W or half sizes...
    I still order books for the kids on Amazon, it takes around two/three weeks to arrive, shipping is not too high. I usually just get my books on my Kindle, but kids don't like Kindle. But if I buy something else, usually between taxes and shipping it's not worth it. Shipping is only good for books.
    Anyway, I hope you will like your shoes! at least if you don't you can send it back easily.
    I was hoping that losing weight would help on many aspects, but since I can now be more active, I also got double the injuries! for sure aging is also guilty but I just hope it will really get better at some point because the whole story of one injury per month is starting to get on my nerves...and it's raining EVERY DAY for at least ten days now so no bike either!! argh!!
    Anyway, we should see the sun this week end, crossing my fingers!
    Let me know about your shoes! I always like to know about good shoes.
    Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!! As soon as I hit 196 I'll just be over weight and I can't WAIT!!! Love the shoes by the way!
    You ROCK! Way to go!!
    Thank you Elle and Hotrodgirl! I feel pretty damn excited!
    Holy crap!!!! That's soo great!!! I am excited for you girl!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you, I remember when I hit that mark, I think I danced around like I won the lotto...Lol. Brooks shoes are the best... Great big hugs to you.
    Thanks TarotAces and blackjac24! This journey has been so wonderful!