Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

It ain't a thigh gap but damn those thighs are looking good! :)

Rate this Entry
So week 5 day 2 of C25K is done. Had no issues doing the 2 8 minute runs. I mean, it was difficult but I was able to finish. I have noticed a pinch feeling in my left hip. I am going to have to ensure I am stretching after my runs. I felt it the first time maybe 3 or 4 runs ago. Hoping it is nothing. Seems like such an odd place to feel it. Not sure why since I am so much lighter now than I have been in forever. But everything else feels great. No soreness at all. I am so excited about my progress.
I have been getting so many compliments on my weight loss. I just tell them I am doing low carbs, exercising, and swapping out some meals for a protein shake. I am not ready to share with coworkers. I am not close with them like that. My close friends and family all know and for right now that is the way I would like it to remain.
My weight loss is steady. I lost about 2 lbs a week on average. I am good with that. In all my best efforts prior to surgery I could have never maintained a steady 2 lb a week weight loss. I am very happy with the way the weight is making it's way off.
My one friend I work with (who is a close friend and knows about the surgery) made a comment about how thin my thighs are looking. I am bottom heavy so her saying that was music to my ears. I have always had a big butt and legs. I have hated my thighs for ages. I took a good look at them today after my workout and shower. And while they still have some cellulite, it really isn't much anymore. They are looking so much nicer. I will be wearing dresses and skirts in no time. I have kept them covered for so long since I hate the way they look and also the fat bubble near my knee. That is also gone. I would only wear shorts if they went past my knees. I am definitely going to celebrate my new legs. I feel like Ariel from the Little Mermaid! Hahaha!
Had a great review with my boss at work today. I was promoted in July and just finished training in December. (Training was 3 months but we were delayed a bit.) So I had a review of my first 7 weeks in my position. He told me how wonderful I was doing and then said, "Do your year and get out of here. You are definitely going to promote up." For my work, you have to remain in a position for a year before you can apply for another position. I did a year in my former position and was blessed enough to get promoted out the very first time I was eligible to apply. And my work is very competitive. The good thing is that even with the delay in the start of our training, our pay raise was effective immediately and counts as being in the position since July even though training started in September. So I am eager to get myself prepped to start attempting to promote out in July. I know it won't be easy but I am definitely going to try.
My food in take is going well. Still on the path of healthy eating. No problems or difficulties. Occasionally I do get a little nauseous when I have a protein shake. That is usually the only time and it is not always. Mostly it has happened with the Premier protein shakes so I stopped getting those. Tonight it did happen with my EAS but it could be because I had just finished running. Not really sure. I am hoping that this does not become the norm. I had no problem with the shake I had at work.
My girls start their new gymnastics class tomorrow and they are so excited. I am excited for them. I love seeing them active and having such a great interest in the sport. They are always working on their skills at home. The only thing they can't practice at home is the bars.
How is everyone else's week going so far?

Submit "It ain't a thigh gap but damn those thighs are looking good!  :)" to Digg Submit "It ain't a thigh gap but damn those thighs are looking good!  :)" to del.icio.us Submit "It ain't a thigh gap but damn those thighs are looking good!  :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "It ain't a thigh gap but damn those thighs are looking good!  :)" to Google

Comments

I always wear one size bigger for my bottom compare to my top. Heavy legs too! at least we have less risks for our heart apparently....for me it's still very ugly because I've been so big for so long and the skin looks bad. I must say I wonder if I will wear skirts to my knees one day....but that's fine with me! long skirts it is! Enjoy your new mermaid legs!!
    And congrats on your promotion! that's very good news!
    Love reading your blogs! So positive and uplifting!

Congrats on the legs and promotion

I'm doing well still on that newbie learning curve!
    Hope you're taking your measurements at regular intervals, then you'll see how small your thighs are getting. It's so much fun to put the tape measure around my different body parts to see how far I've come! Like REALLY, THAT WAS MY WAIST?!?

First year I bought some nice wide-calf boots. Second year they fell down my non-wide calfs. Our thrift shop got some really nice stuff! I gave away everything in my closet except scarfs and socks.

For a long time I saved one pair of fat capri pants, which I seem to remember were pretty tight on me. I could get both legs in one leg of the pants. Finally gave them away too.
    Yup. I have lost 6 inches off of my thighs!! I take measurements every 2 weeks! And I have to say that 6 inches is a lot. I had HUGE legs....now...not so much!
    Isn't it FUN? I have no clue how anyone could be depressed during this journey, I thought it was the best time of my life! I remember shopping, and then "undergrowing" something before I even took off the tag. Return!
    OMG yes!! I have not been depressed at all. I have been on an emotional high the entire time with the exception of those first few hours when I was hoping I had made a good decision since I was in pain and sick. This has been a hell of a ride!
    My problem areas have always been my butt, hips, and thighs. Reading your progress gives me hope that I may too have thin thighs!