Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

RayEMTFF

My Reset started a month ago and well.......

Rate this Entry
It might have struck me that I wont be losing any more weight. I have been to the gym almost every day since the set back. And I havent lost anything. I have busted my ass at the gym. Doing about 6 miles a day on machines I am even Jogging on the treadmill now. I do almost 2 miles of jogging before I finish my last mile walking. Then its off to another machine that I use and knock off 3-5 mils on that one.

I am Drinking my 64 oz of water a day doing my Protein everyday and NOTHING.
I am just about to say fuck it and give up. I think of what happen to me at the Dr office and that gives me the motvation to do this. But when when will the pounds come off? What else to do?

We are going to give this another month then if no results. I dont know what to do next.

I can do this I need to do this!!

Submit "My Reset started a month ago and well......." to Digg Submit "My Reset started a month ago and well......." to del.icio.us Submit "My Reset started a month ago and well......." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Reset started a month ago and well......." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ray, I'm really sorry.

Who and where is your surgeon?
    Ok, now I am going to have to ask if you are tracking everything that you are eating. And I am just wondering if you are maybe eating too little for the amount of exercise that you are doing. I would write down EVERYTHING food and exercise wise and have a talk with your surgeon. So how much protein are you getting in daily? What about carbs? Vitamins and supplements? It is hard to pin point without all the details.
    How are your clothes fitting? You could be trading fat for muscle with no net loss on the scale. And ditto to what Chistie said, what are your macros looking like? The big red flag I see is you need to drink more. Your body requires water in order to metabolize fat. A LOT of water. Studies show drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces is ideal for weight loss. Even more if you are excercising. So with that in mind, unless you are 128 pounds and sitting on the couch all day, 64oz is not nearly enough. I'm 136 pounds, in maintenance and still make sure I get at least 100oz/day. Good luck Ray....I'm rooting for you!
    Ray, I hear your frustration and can only offer that during my 12-week get fit program I learned to exercise smarter not harder. From what you described you are spending too much time on aerobic mode, I don't know the science or the specifics, but the best tyoe of exercise to lose weight specially burn fat is anaerobic exercise, meaning interval of high intensity and rest, if you are on treadmill jog at the fastest you can safely do it for three minutes, then walk at a slow pace for 1-2 minutes. If you go to the gym ask the folks there to help you program your treadmill if it doesn't have an interval setting.

I just started doing interval again this week so hopefully in a few weeks I can see the scale move again. Problem is that I have been eating back the calories I burn. Ugh!!!

Another thing they told us is to do floor exercises, push up, or situps for about 10 minutes, actually they said 30 minutes, first thing upon waking up, that kickstarts your fuel burning which accesses your stored carbs first, as you go about your day your carbs are depleted and your body starts burning fat stores.

I lost over 12lbs of pure fat according to my DeXA scan during that period. A large percentage was visceral fat, and I contribute that to being 179lbs and wearing size 10 in most clothes.

I really wish I could do the program again, but sched conflicts and being cash limited is putting a damper on things currently. So I'm taking what I learned to the gym and see how I do on my own.

Best wishes!
    I feel your frustration as I have seen only 5 lbs lost in 2 months. I need to step up exercise myself. Sounds like you are doing alot. Hang in there. You've come too far to give up.
    I can say I have gone from a Size 54 to a 42 so that is BIG. I eat small Have a protein Bar in the AM then one in the afternoon. I mostly eat Small Watch Watcher Meals. I have plenty of water 64 oz or more a day. And Good News of course after I posted this went and got a better scale and I have lost 6 lbs since the Reset.

Have to call it a Reset because well I was failing. I would love to post a pic of me but to shy for that pic and dont want to gross everyone. My thing that I look at is I still have a big belly and I think that okays with my Mind.
    I can't trust my scale at home either. About every two to three weeks I get a supply of MuscleEgg Egg Protein at a NutriShop store and they have the whole body composition scales you can use for free! They keep your progress. They will even take your photo for progress.

Check to see if there is a NutriShop near you here.
    Ray, I know this is easy to say ...but be patient with your body..it has to get into a rhythm and get into your mode. Sometimes weight slows down for periods of time then BOOM! pounds are melting off. Hang in there
    I think your doing great ... but maybe adding some veggies would not hurt, and since I can not eat very many I just puree in a smoothie! veggies and protein for weight loss!
    Well done!
    You can do it! I was just sleeved Nov 28 and though my caloric intake was low, I wasn't having the results other sleeves were posting. I met with a trainer. She didn't like how few calories I was eating. She had me add a couple of healthy snacks/day and get my calories to 1000, strength first, then cardio for like 20 min. I still like 40-45 min of elliptical, and I lift some weights or swim for strength. The weight has been falling off ever since. You just might be eating too few of calories. Oh, she also recommended eating breakfast within first hour of getting up as this gets metabolism going. I try to drink one protein shake daily. I easily get my protein. Every meal, it's protein first. Healthy snacks, serving of almonds, string cheese and a few berries, or A light higher protein yogurt, or some apple slices with some peanut butter.
    Love muscle milk powder mixed with water or milk plus a tablespoon of PB2 powder. Soooo delicious.
    Good luck!