Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Still on a stall BUT ON MY BIKE!!!

Rate this Entry
So it's Chinese New Year, everything is closed since Friday, will reopen on Thursday, enjoying some time outside!

Long story short, 18 months ago I got a bike to help with exercise and also shopping since I didn't want to get a car when we moved here because I wanted to walk more, public transportation is also pretty good and taxis cheap. I picked a tricycle with a big basket in the back and small in front so carry grocery would be easy. I didn't plan on not being able to bike...because "you never forget how to bike" is just a big lie! Almost 18 months ago I just couldn't bike, my balance was gone, with my pride, I did feel like a failure.

So here, weather was great on Sunday, knees not hurting too much, I decided to try again.
When I got the bike I pictured myself biking with my hair in the wind....you know "freedom style" well, hair is almost gone to do that effect, but I was able to stay on the bike, didn't fall and it all went well! we biked around 5 miles, went to the trail near the river and even stopped at a store : for a first time it was pretty good. Can't wait to have an other day with no rain!! Hopefully tomorrow!

Submit "Still on a stall BUT ON MY BIKE!!!" to Digg Submit "Still on a stall BUT ON MY BIKE!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Still on a stall BUT ON MY BIKE!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still on a stall BUT ON MY BIKE!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds great and what a NSV! You should be very proud, new country, new life; it's all positive!
    Continued success!
    OhMGoodness! That is the best heartfelt NSV I've read!

I wish I could send you a silk scarf and some awesome sun hat and sunglasses for you to wear while riding your errands!

Audrey Hepburn style!

So happy for you!
    Shirl, love Audrey and Yorkies... Love the pic and sentiment. you're a wonderful advocate and source of support
    Great job!! That's wonderful news!!
    That's awesome. I haven't biked in quite some time but reading this post made me want to unpack my bike (still packed from our move here from the Netherlands--our stuff got here in September of 2014!!!!!) and go out for a spin. Sounds like something I will be doing on Saturday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    OhMGoodness! That is the best heartfelt NSV I've read!

I wish I could send you a silk scarf and some awesome sun hat and sunglasses for you to wear while riding your errands!

Audrey Hepburn style!

So happy for you!
    Thanks Shirl!! You're so sweet!
    Funny thing is I was wearing a silk scark (but around my neck), sunglasses....and a helmet...I know not that glamorous, but safety first!!
    We had a lot of rain those past days but it should clear up for the week end, hopefully I will be biking again very soon!!
    Good job incorporating something you like as exercise. Now I have to find that! I was at nutrition today and know I havent been exercising as much lately. Thought eating the proteins would help me. But nope. This bod needs the exercise to continue with weight loss. Its back to the gym for me to break my slooooooow moving weight loss.
    Keep up the good work!