Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BelleKreyol

17 Days Post-op update - Lap-Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve

Rate this Entry
Well, here we are. It's been 17 days since I've had my revision. I must say those folks who are up and about 1 week post-op are superheroes. I am not sure where they get their energy from. I was a hot mess. I am just now returning to work. I am making an effort to resume my regular activities. I just don't remember it was so difficult with my lap-band surgery. I had to take an extra week off from work. I really felt exhausted.

Fast forward to this week, I feel good. Or I feel much better from last week. Most of the pain is gone. I do feel some stretching where my esophagus meets stomach, but it's minimal. More like discomfort then pain. I suppose it's the sutures healing at this point. No complications or things that have me worried. My largest incision doesn't seem to be closing fast enough. But I don't see any redness, puss, or signs of infection. I wonder if it's because my port was sitting there for a while, thereby making the skin thinner and weaker? Any thoughts on that.

You probably want to know how much I've lost. Well, today I weighed in at 184.6. I am extremely happy about this. This is not a race. I know I can get back to 147-153 lbs. So, if it takes me 6 months to do this, I'm going to be okay with that. So, I'm down 19 lbs from my highest holiday weight of 204, but 14 lbs in 17 days. So, that's 7 lbs per week.

I often see folks getting caught up like this journey is a competition. We all have our own road to follow. Yes we can look to someone for inspiration but we cannot try to do it their way. I am in no rush to lose this weight. I will do it in due time, even if that means 1 or 2 lbs at a time.

Belle

Submit "17 Days Post-op update - Lap-Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve" to Digg Submit "17 Days Post-op update - Lap-Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "17 Days Post-op update - Lap-Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "17 Days Post-op update - Lap-Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can say that I feel the same way as you do. My journey, my time frame. I know that I am doing a great job losing the weight in a way that is right for me. Slow and steady. Also this may be helping with not having too much loose skin.
    I think 14 lbs in in 17 days is awesome! And I feel like 1-2 lbs a week is definitely a realistic goal, especially when you get to be a bit farther out and weight loss slows down.
    I was doing great a week out. Maybe it was a bit harder on you because it is a revision?? Are you taking any vitamins and supplements? I was taking B12 for energy. Still do.
    Congrats on all your success!
    I'm having my lap band out on Feb 10 then my doctor is waiting 6 months for my sleeve surgery. I envy you getting done all at once! Glad you're feeling better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacymak
    I'm having my lap band out on Feb 10 then my doctor is waiting 6 months for my sleeve surgery. I envy you getting done all at once! Glad you're feeling better.

Congrats on taking the first steps to having surgery. The time will fly in no time. When I first looked into revision it was May 2016. I didn't end up having my surgery till Jan 2017. Figuring out how I was going to pay for it and where I was going to have it all play a role. I definitely did not want 2 procedures, due to the down time. But I hear some surgeons do it two steps. For me I had some liquid removed from my band to help with the slip.

Belle
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I can say that I feel the same way as you do. My journey, my time frame. I know that I am doing a great job losing the weight in a way that is right for me. Slow and steady. Also this may be helping with not having too much loose skin.
    I think 14 lbs in in 17 days is awesome! And I feel like 1-2 lbs a week is definitely a realistic goal, especially when you get to be a bit farther out and weight loss slows down.
    I was doing great a week out. Maybe it was a bit harder on you because it is a revision?? Are you taking any vitamins and supplements? I was taking B12 for energy. Still do.
    Congrats on all your success!
    Hey Christie,

Unfortunately I haven't started on vitamins. I was hoping to start soon. I will likely switch to cheweables or melts.