Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Fantastic weekend

Rate this Entry
Today is my oldest son's 19th birthday! I can't believe it. Time has flown so fast. This is the first time in his life that we have not been together on his birthday. He is in California going to school. I miss him but I am so proud of the man he is becoming.
Today was also the first day of week 5 of the C25K program. It wasn't too bad. But week 5 is the first week that the 3 days of running is not identical. The running today was 5 minutes, walk for 3 and repeat for 3 running parts. Day 2 is actually going to be running for 8 minutes then walk for 5 and do it twice. I am sure I will need to do day 2 more than once. While I have gotten a lot stronger 8 minutes seems like a lot. And then day 3 is 20 minutes straight. A huge jump. But I am going to try and then do what feels right for me. Oh, also on our run today the dog ran around a pole during our warm up and when my hubby tried to go around it he hit his head on the sign that was on it and it cut his forehead. It bled. He was a trooper though and we continued our workout. I know I would've called it a day. Especially since he said it burned when the sweat got in it.
Yesterday, I took an all day class to get my license to carry a firearm for the state of Texas. I passed and shot really well. The class was on a ranch. It was so cold in the classroom I was shivering the whole time. I think I may have burned 1000 calories from shivering. LOL. I have noticed that I do get a cold easier now. Even today when we decided to spend the day on the Riverwalk while my daughter was at a convention. I was cold and had on my hooded sweatshirt and scarf. We did have a good time, though. Had a little lunch. (Hahaha.) And then we took a river boat tour. I have been in San Antonio for almost 3 years and never taken it. I even visited here in 2011 with a big group of friends and some people took it but I guess I was with another group that day. Probably shopping. LOL.
I have lost another pound. I am so close to being out of the 150's. I remember when I was almost out of the 160's think how unreal it was and now here I am about to get out of the 150's. So surreal. I seriously can not remember being anything lower than 160 in forever. Every time I would whittle my way down (the lowest I ever got was 160 one time but usually 170 would be where I would get stuck) but then I could not maintain. And here I am 20 lbs less.
And when I took my progress pictures today I was in awe at the changes in my body. I look so much leaner. I loved flipping back and forth from the Sunday after surgery to today. I was showing it to my husband and said isn't that amazing. He replied that he was looking at me in my work out clothes and was shocked at the difference. I think maybe being so short it is very noticeable. (4'11") So this weight loss is a tremendous amount on my frame. The one thing I really need to do is focus on getting my upper arms more toned. Gotta avoid bat wings!
I hope everyone had a fantastic week. I know I did and am ready to hit next week head on.

Submit "Fantastic weekend" to Digg Submit "Fantastic weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "Fantastic weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fantastic weekend" to Google

Comments

You are in San Antonio? Yay! I love it there!

My three kids are back home in CA, it really sucks not to be there on any of their special celebrations!

My son, his wife and my grandson will be here Thursday for a long weekend! I'm so looking fw to seeing them, I haven't seen them since October.

Have a great week ahead.
    Have a wonderful week!

I'll be leaving for Jamaica on Thursday. Thanks goodness I can eat real food and there's plenty of chicken there!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    You are in San Antonio? Yay! I love it there!

My three kids are back home in CA, it really sucks not to be there on any of their special celebrations!

My son, his wife and my grandson will be here Thursday for a long weekend! I'm so looking fw to seeing them, I haven't seen them since October.

Have a great week ahead.
    Yes I moved to San Antonio almost 3 years ago. I moved here to be with my hubby who was my high school sweetheart. I absolutely love it here...except the traffic. LOL.
    I am hoping that when my son graduates from college he will move back to Texas. I am already planting the seeds. LOL. I know he misses home already. He is definitely a mama's boy.
    Yay. I know you're glad your son and his family are coming for a visit. Have fun and enjoy them! I probably won't see my son until he comes in July.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Have a wonderful week!

I'll be leaving for Jamaica on Thursday. Thanks goodness I can eat real food and there's plenty of chicken there!!!
    Jamaica! You lucky girl. I have never been but definitely on my wish list. Yes. I know what you mean about the food. I am glad that when I go to Italy in July I will be 8 months post op so I can actually eat something. And the good thing is Italian foods are healthy. I can avoid pasta but I loved the grilled chicken and grilled veggies. And coffee!!!
    Have a fun trip!
    Wow your older one is 19! I would have never guessed! You look so young! mine is 20, she is been away from home for two year now, I will see her next month, can't wait! we only see each other like twice a year...so glad we have video chats on internet....without internet that would be hard...
    4.11 is not tall but with European ancestors...we can't expect to be tall. And small is cute, I always tell that to my children who all complain about their size (my husband is also short). But look you might be surprised soon because I was 5.4 and after loosing may be 60 pounds or so I regained 1 inch! not kidding! now I'm 5.5 like 20 years ago!
    I knew that getting so big did affect my back, but I thought that the one inch missing for 20 years was gone for good.....it came back! surprise!
    PS/ bat wings are fold-able ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Wow your older one is 19! I would have never guessed! You look so young! mine is 20, she is been away from home for two year now, I will see her next month, can't wait! we only see each other like twice a year...so glad we have video chats on internet....without internet that would be hard...
    4.11 is not tall but with European ancestors...we can't expect to be tall. And small is cute, I always tell that to my children who all complain about their size (my husband is also short). But look you might be surprised soon because I was 5.4 and after loosing may be 60 pounds or so I regained 1 inch! not kidding! now I'm 5.5 like 20 years ago!
    I knew that getting so big did affect my back, but I thought that the one inch missing for 20 years was gone for good.....it came back! surprise!
    PS/ bat wings are fold-able ;-)
    HAHAHAHA.....your batwings comment had me rolling!!
    I don't think I am going to get any taller as I have always been this height. Well I think I am a smidge under 4'11" but I claim the full inch. LOL. I have been this height since I was 13 and have not grown since. I really don't mind it except that everything is too long on me. Capris are like regular length pants but they fit weird. My son is pretty tall. Right at 6' and my daughter is 5'1" and currently still growing so I am thinking she will be few inches taller. Her father is 6'2" so there is hope for her.
    Thank you! You are too kind. I was blessed with the Italian genes. They say spending time in the sun makes you look old but I am always tan and really don't have many wrinkles. Just use some Oil of Olay and am done with it. LOL. My mom always used that. She looked really young too. Even at the end after all the chemo and radiation she still held on to her youthful look.
    My son just moved away the end of October. It was hard for me. But I talk to him almost daily and FaceTime with him as well. He was home for Christmas but now I won't see him until July. It's weird when they leave home. You know it is coming but you still can't really prepare for it. He's always going to be my baby.