Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

12 Weeks-It works if you work it-Success-Adapt your mind

Rate this Entry
Yesterday was 12 weeks. I celebrated it by finishing up week 4 of my C25K program. Half way done with the program. At the end of my workout the app kindly congratulated me and told me so! I came home very sweaty. I can feel myself pushing a little harder during the running parts. My stride is more natural and comfortable.
Then we took our girls to their gymnastics practice. They both moved up to the next skill level so we had to decide which day their class was going to be for that. So we will be going on Wednesdays starting next week and an hour earlier. I am so glad we are not going to be in the late class anymore. Also, now we are not their class on one of our running nights. Thursdays have been so busy. I was actually considering sliding my running days over one to avoid Thursday runs and now I don't have to flip my running schedule.
This week work has been a tremendous improvement. They have made some changes that force people to actually do their job. Now that the people who were slacking are doing their jobs, there is a lot lets strain and pressure on those of us that were doing our jobs to begin with. It went from a very busy, high pressure job to feeling calm and relaxed. I almost feel like I am on vacation at work. Just goes to show that when some people are selfish and only think of themselves it screws the rest of the whole group.
I am really looking forward to getting to my goal weight. I am going to celebrate with a beautiful new back tattoo. I have been wanting to add to the 2 I have on my back and get a beautiful cherry blossom tree with the trunk down my spine. But I don't want to do it until I am done with weight loss. Don't want it to have any weird shape if my skin shifts. So far with the weight loss I have had the only place I really see some saggy skin is my thighs. So far nothing major. Everywhere else looks pretty good but I still have 32 lbs to go so I am not sure what things will look like.
So far I still have not had any hair loss. I know that it usually starts around months 3 and 4 if you are going to be one of the people who has it. According to the stats I read it is about 40% of sleeve patients. I keep wondering if I will be one of them. I know my sister was but she lost her weigh a lot faster than I have. So I am wondering if speed of weight loss has anything to do with it? I know I am getting in lots of great nutrients because I am very good about what I put in my body.
I've seen a lot of posts lately about people complaining about the sleeve not working for them. But they always talk about how they eat a lot of junk food. It is not that the sleeve it not working for them....they are not using the sleeve properly. I think that is one thing I will say was a huge benefit for me PERSONALLY (everyone is different) about going through my insurance. I had 7 months of appointments. I had to meet with my nutritionists for group meetings and one on one appointments. I also had to have a psych exam to ensure I was mentally ready to handle the behavior changes involved with this kind of procedure. I was given a lot of paperwork about how I should eat pre op and post op. It is not just a certain amount of post op. It is all the stages from the beginning, to the weight loss, and then to maintenance. It is how to maintain my new lifestyle. I really feel for the people who feel like the sleeve failed them. I am sorry that they could not adapt to the behavior changes required for them to be successful.
For anyone out there wondering if the sleeve is worth it. Yes. A million times yes. You just have to have the determination to succeed. To adjust your behaviors to take your life back and start living again...happy and healthy. You can do this!! Go for it!!

Submit "12 Weeks-It works if you work it-Success-Adapt your mind" to Digg Submit "12 Weeks-It works if you work it-Success-Adapt your mind" to del.icio.us Submit "12 Weeks-It works if you work it-Success-Adapt your mind" to StumbleUpon Submit "12 Weeks-It works if you work it-Success-Adapt your mind" to Google

Comments

Great post!!! I always enjoy reading about how well you're doing! I can't wait to start at the gym!! I
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Great post!!! I always enjoy reading about how well you're doing! I can't wait to start at the gym!! I
    Thanks LeslieAnn! It is awesome working out! I was so happy when I started. I started with small stuff and then worked up to the running.
    Keep up the great progress and the posts! Your post are like a good story and really are uplifting.
    I'll be starting the gym probably the mid of Feb. I'm not an exerciser. Actually I hate it, but this is the new me...so I'm getting my arse in there!!
    Congrats. Keep on keepin' on. That's all you ever have to do to maintain your new lifestyle. Perfection's not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub
    Keep up the great progress and the posts! Your post are like a good story and really are uplifting.
    Thanks Cherub! I really believe in this surgery. And even though my surgery was not that long ago, I watched my sister go through this and she was 5 years post op in November. So I know that this works. And I love sharing my experiences. If they even help one person then I will be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    I'll be starting the gym probably the mid of Feb. I'm not an exerciser. Actually I hate it, but this is the new me...so I'm getting my arse in there!!
    The important thing about exercise is to find something you love. There are soooo many ways to exercise out there and not everyone likes the same thing. Once you find something you find enjoyable, then you'll stick to it. So try them all out. I would give things a few times to see if you enjoy it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Congrats. Keep on keepin' on. That's all you ever have to do to maintain your new lifestyle. Perfection's not required.

Thanks Ann! You are such an inspiration! I love all the wonderful advice you give!
    What does your program say about increasing speed for running? I've been running for a few years now, but seem to be slow. Now my husband will say, "Who cares? You're running!" But I'd love to work up some speed.

I think it's why I run in the dark at 5 AM before work. No one sees me, no one passes me, and I don't pass anyone. Just me and my Broadway show tunes on the I-pad. Maybe the secret is faster music. Hamilton's, "Not Throwing Away My Shot!" is about as fast as I go.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    What does your program say about increasing speed for running? I've been running for a few years now, but seem to be slow. Now my husband will say, "Who cares? You're running!" But I'd love to work up some speed.

I think it's why I run in the dark at 5 AM before work. No one sees me, no one passes me, and I don't pass anyone. Just me and my Broadway show tunes on the I-pad. Maybe the secret is faster music. Hamilton's, "Not Throwing Away My Shot!" is about as fast as I go.
    It doesn't have anything for increasing speed but as a former runner I can tell you the way to increase speed is to add mini sprints to your runs. We used to call them "fartleks" . It's a thing, really. I have gotten you a link that may be can help you.
    https://www.verywell.com/what-is-far...aining-2911954
    Good luck!
    Thanks Christie, I'll try that! In the neighborhood I can use light posts.
    Tried the fartlek running today. It was fun! Of course my fastest running is probably someone else's slow, but whatever. I'm 60 and running, pretty cool in my book.

My hubby used to win marathons with 5 minute miles. I'd be thrilled with a 10 minute mile.