Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

johnjohn0304

Congratulate yourself

Rate this Entry
Aside from losing weight and being healthier, what are some of your other goals or accomplishments? Please share

The first thing that made me happy, and probably everyone else here as well, is being able to wear "normal sized" clothes LOL. I bought a few items from H&M which I never thought possible.

I had practiced yoga before but always needed to perform modified postures since my body mass prevented me from bending or reaching in certain ways. Now I can keep up and hold on to pretty mean standing head to knee and eagle postures.

Motorcycle riding! Not that my weight would have prevented me from doing this before, but I have more confidence with my balance and core strength. I purchased a bike and now appreciate the excitement and freedom that comes with riding. Being able to fit into cool looking motorcycle gear is a plus. Seeing the admiration come from my nephew's face as his cool uncle rode the bike down the driveway was awesome!

My next goal will probably be the most rewarding. I haven't been surfing since 2006 before I began to gain weight. At one point I promised my niece and nephew that I would teach them to surf when they were a little older. My niece turned 13 last year and mentioned it again. This was one of the many eye openers that motivated me to get the sleeve. I'm not sure if I'll have kids of my own, but I still want to be there for my family. I want to be a strong, healthy, and dependable sibling and uncle. As my parents age, I noticed they began to worry about my health and were concerned about the direction I was headed in. I can see that they are a lot happier and less anxious about me, and this is probably one of the best gifts I can offer to them.

Submit "Congratulate yourself" to Digg Submit "Congratulate yourself" to del.icio.us Submit "Congratulate yourself" to StumbleUpon Submit "Congratulate yourself" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

my only goal was to be healthier. not sure if that's happened or not, but I'm definitely smaller.
    That is a great post! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off.
    I have always wanted to zip line but was too heavy. Not anymore! Going in August with my son and we are both super excited!
    That is awesome John!! I am looking forward to doing a bunch of races again. Both just running ones and the obstacle ones. I had done a tough mudder when I was in one of my diet/lose weight phases and loved it. I like being fit and strong.
    Congrats on your success!
    My main goal was my health. It did improve a lot even if it's still not perfect. My goals of being more active are also moving in the right direction minus a few injuries on the way.
    Feeling "like a normal size" even if I'm still overweight is probably what I do appreciate the most today. Not scared of breaking furniture or able to fly without spilling on my neighbor or without extension belt is a major improvement in my everyday life.
    My first goal has been to stay diabetes free for as long as my genetics can help it.

Other goals include fashion designers I have to admire from affar, yesterday I went to a fashion liquidator and fitted into 10's and 12's easily! I bought a skirt that was $500+ () for $40! Size 10.
    Regular sized clothes is a goal for sure. I want to go into the GAP and buy 1 shirt...wear it once then burn it. I hate the GAP but I haven't been able to wear a GAP shirt since grade school so that is a huge goal for me. My most driving goal is to get on a roller coaster. I havent been on one in over 20 years. I will be getting on one by summer time. I am 5 days post surgery and not looking back.