Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jaimaroo

Accountability

Rate this Entry
I feel fat. I have gained about 10 pounds back, and I feel sick about it. Some in my life said I look better with these 10 pounds and I was too thin. But...I see it as failing. I want to lose the 10 pounds again. I am about 1.5 years out, and I am happy with my weight loss, but I wonder if I am not meant to ever be done losing weight. Even when those 10 pounds were off...I was planning on losing 10 more. (I don't like that the BMI chart says I am overweight...those 10 pounds would put me as regular)
I don't eat a lot...but I am not eating what I should. I think I really just need to get moving. I am so afraid to work out. I still see myself as the fat girl who can't do anything. I have been having pain in my shoulder and the chiropractor and massage therapist said that I don't have any muscle tone in my back. It is all gone. They said I am very weak. How scary is that?!?!? I am joining LA Fitness when I get paid next week. I want to be healthy. I lost all of this weight so I could start to live...and I don't feel like I have lived yet.

Submit "Accountability" to Digg Submit "Accountability" to del.icio.us Submit "Accountability" to StumbleUpon Submit "Accountability" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love working out. While you are waiting to get your gym membership try doing some body weight exercises at home. Push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, leg lifts. All easy things to do at home with no equipment. You can start some easy strengthening exercises by using 2 water bottles or 2 same weight cans from your pantry. YouTube has a tone of videos for stuff like that. I have started running again. I am doing the C25K program which eases you into running and I am IN LOVE with working out. Find something that you love. Pilates will tone your whole body. Or yoga. Circuit training. Swimming. Find what works for you. If it is something you truly enjoy you will stick with it!
    We are supposed to expect a regain at 18+month. So 10 pounds is not that much but the most important is how you feel in your own body. BMI chart is just a vague measure that doesn't work for everybody anyway.
    The most important is right now to get your lean mass back so your BMR will be higher. Are you eating at least 60gr protein per day? take your vitamins?drink enough water?If you are weak you need to focus first on a good nutrition. You will be more mobile if your body has the right fuel.
    I know that getting massages did help me have a better idea about my body's new figure too. For months I saw myself much bigger than I really was.
    But getting more mobile and just simply start with walking is really a big step. I'm having many muscle, joints issue plus one main injury but I try my best to walk every day at least 3 miles and do some weight training to. Nothing fancy but just weight to improve my arm's tone and my back's posture..there's good video on Sparkpeople. Starting slow you will improve your fitness level gradually. Since you lost the weight it will be easier on your body now. Just give it time and try to focus on eating a balanced and nutritious diet, in six months you should feel much better! Don't look at the past, focus on the future. Good luck and take care!
    ✨Congratulations on all your successes this far!✨

Have you considered doing a full body composition scan? I did a DeXA scan which measures not only fat and muscle mass, but bone mass as well. I was informed that my bone mass is higher than most women my age, height and ethnicity. That means while I may look and feel leaner, the scale numbers still have me in obesity range. My goal is 140-145lbs at 5'6" that still has me at the heavier side of normal for standard women. My NUT told me I may not like what I look like at 140-145lbs and that I might look too thin! I laughed because I'm was like yea right!

Here is an article you may want to read on the DeXA https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/the...a-scan-is-best

Most research universities offer the scans at much cheaper rates than private gyms or physical trainers.

You look amazing so just something to consider
    Holy cow! THANK YOU. I appreciate all of the feedback and encouragement. It was great to read, and offered me some sound advice. I always appreciate when people give me tools that are useful and helpful. Thank you so much. I am going to do ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!! Lol.
    For me...I want to be healthy. I spent a lot of time thinking about it yesterday, and I just don't feel healthy and that is what is bothering me. Now that I understand that...I can do something about it.
    Thank you again. I appreciate it.