Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Loving my sleeve, loving myself!

Rate this Entry
Today was no wind and my run was FANTASTIC!! I actually felt really in my groove during the running portions. Don't get me wrong, I am nowhere near ready to run 5K straight, but I am doing really well on my running parts. I felt fine even in the final 5 minute run. I had good pace and rhythm for my running parts.
So I have felt like I have been eating a ton the last few days. Must be mental because I lost another pound. I think I am losing a pound every 3-5 days from what I can tell. Like I said, I have not really tracked it other than using my ticker. While I do want to know how I am doing, I am not trying to completely let it control me. I do weigh daily because I like to see where I am but I am not completely obsessed with it. I understand there will be fluctuations. I know my clothes are getting baggier and baggier. Will need to down size again soon. Going to see what I have in the garage (where all my old hoarded clothes are-LOL) and if not I will be getting some thrift store jeans.
Tonight the family had pizza. I was feeling a little lazy so I at the cheese, veggies, and ham off a slice of my hubbies pizza and then had a protein shake. I already prepped my crock pot with my stew meat for tomorrow. I absolutely love the crock pot. Wish I had more good recipes that my family would eat. Damn picky eaters. I love prepping the night before and then knowing when I get home from work dinner is all done. One less thing to worry about.
So we have been watching "The Americans" on my amazon prime account. I did not know until recently that my prime membership came with the free movies/tv shows of amazon prime tv. So my husband has been wanting to watch this series for a while. It is pretty good. We are on season 2.
I have gotten really good at drinking my water this past week. Like I am hitting my goals pretty easily and it is just getting easier and easier. I was struggling for quite a while. I would get fluids but the straight up water was not much. I am very pleased about that.
Love my new sleeve life!

Submit "Loving my sleeve, loving myself!" to Digg Submit "Loving my sleeve, loving myself!" to del.icio.us Submit "Loving my sleeve, loving myself!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Loving my sleeve, loving myself!" to Google

Comments

So glad you are well and killing your program!
    Great job buddy...keep on truckin!!
    You are doing so good! and looking for smaller clothing is always the best feeling!
    I walked 2 miles again today, then took the metro. But a friend who just moved to Australia told me she had some joints issues in Taipei but changing country did help a lot. Her pain is almost gone..so a humid climate seems to be just making it worth. Hum...

I discovered the slow cooker when we moved to the US ten years go. Love it too!

I started to drink plain water (but only iced cold) well around month 3. And yes we do eat more and more, but if you compare to pre-op, that's still not much and that's great! I always try to stay under one cup even now. Usually I can't eat more anyway except may be for soup. I guess I could also eat more carbs too but just not even trying...no point.
    Way to go Christie!! You're in such a happy place !! I love it!
    Great work, Christie! I enjoy watching your progress. We are about the same height, started around the same weight and were sleeved near the same time, so it's fun for me. You are exercising WAY more than I do. So far my only exercise is golf, which according to my fitbit really is only about 2 1/2 miles (We have to use carts). I have access to a gym in my development, so I am planning to hook up with classes or a personal trainer to get myself going. You're an inspiration!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    You are doing so good! and looking for smaller clothing is always the best feeling!
    I walked 2 miles again today, then took the metro. But a friend who just moved to Australia told me she had some joints issues in Taipei but changing country did help a lot. Her pain is almost gone..so a humid climate seems to be just making it worth. Hum...

I discovered the slow cooker when we moved to the US ten years go. Love it too!

I started to drink plain water (but only iced cold) well around month 3. And yes we do eat more and more, but if you compare to pre-op, that's still not much and that's great! I always try to stay under one cup even now. Usually I can't eat more anyway except may be for soup. I guess I could also eat more carbs too but just not even trying...no point.
    Hope the change in climate when you move helps you with your join issues. I know how amazing it is to have that exercise high. I do know different temperatures and pollution levels can absolutely affect the way you are able to exercise. Do you know yet where you are going?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    Great work, Christie! I enjoy watching your progress. We are about the same height, started around the same weight and were sleeved near the same time, so it's fun for me. You are exercising WAY more than I do. So far my only exercise is golf, which according to my fitbit really is only about 2 1/2 miles (We have to use carts). I have access to a gym in my development, so I am planning to hook up with classes or a personal trainer to get myself going. You're an inspiration!
    Thanks Jamma. My biggest advice is to find an exercise program you love, no matter what it is. There are so many to choose from. Pilates, yoga, running, step, circuit training, crossfit, strength training, swimming. The world is our oyster now! We can do it ALL!!!
    Thank you all for the kind words.