Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Running and shooting and shopping, oh my!

Rate this Entry
So today I completed week 4 day one of the C25K. As I expected, it was hard but not as bad as I had anticipated. It felt the hardest the last 1 1/2 minutes of the final 5 minute run. It did not help that it was super windy today. Like crazy wind. So there were times that we were fighting against the wind while running. I may have to do this week twice to feel completely comfortable with the running portions and I am ok with that. I want to be sure that I feel like I am enjoying the running parts and not struggling through them. Have not found the race that I want to be my first 5K. But will let you know when I do.
Also went shooting today. It was funny because I should have known not to go with the crazy wind. It was blowing the target all over the place. I was lucky because my target never fell off but people were having to put new targets on left and right. I just had to bring mine back on because it was hanging by one loop a few times but luckily never lost it.
We went out for Cajun food for lunch today. Had a few bites of the alligator appetizer. Then I had a few pieces of crawfish , a bite of the sauce on the etouffe (no rice), and 2 bites of broccoli. This was over the course of about an hour. I felt good. Did not eat too fast or overeat.
Later took my teenager out shopping for a bit and then we watched Bridget Jones Baby. Overall a productive Sunday.

Submit "Running and shooting and shopping, oh my!" to Digg Submit "Running and shooting and shopping, oh my!" to del.icio.us Submit "Running and shooting and shopping, oh my!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Running and shooting and shopping, oh my!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Christie--you are an absolute inspiration. I won't be doing any running when I get the weight off, but my husband and I are looking forward to doing a lot of exploring of our new state when we retire at the end of the year. He just got 2 new knees and by then hopefully I will have lost a significant amount of weight. We will be moving to Texas right after retirement so we can be closer to kids/grandkids, so after being California people our entire lives we will have a lot to explore. Thank you again for your inspiring posts.