Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bagawk!

Operation McSkinny Jeans

Rate this Entry
3 Weeks Post-op

Eating hurts.

The top of my stomach and/or lower portion of my esophagus cramp when I eat anything remotely solid. I've always been a very busy person who waits until I am terribly hungry to eat a meal,.. then,... I eat fast and waaaaay too much. So this is probably 'operator error', on my part. I'm just going to have to adjust to the fact that eating is going to take some time going forward.

That's one way to make someone drop 21 pounds and keep it off. By the way,... I'm now down 21 pounds. Booyah!

Submit "Operation McSkinny Jeans" to Digg Submit "Operation McSkinny Jeans" to del.icio.us Submit "Operation McSkinny Jeans" to StumbleUpon Submit "Operation McSkinny Jeans" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey you're doing great!!!
    Still taking some time for tummy to get used to it.

I still am eating soft foods. I usually have a poached egg and today I had that and half of a turkey (small) patty sausage. I cut it up into such tiny pieces and chewed until my damn jaw hurt! LOL
    It went ok
    I am going through these periods in the day where I could drop right into bed...what's with that???
    I'm more than 3 weeks out and still have random fatigue. The first couple weeks it was more consistent. Rest up and don't feel guilty about it! I suspect it has to do with all the adjustments our bodies are going through physically and chemically. We're 'eating' a tiny fraction of what we did prior to surgery. Food=fuel.

I hope my blog posts don't sound like Debbie Downer. I do truly feel I have gotten the results I was looking for and my healing is right on track. I am pleased.
    Yes eating too fast and too much, which is super easy to do at 3 weeks post op, will make you feel like that. I remember I did it a few times. I have definitely learned to eat the right way. Once in a while if I wait too long to eat then it can still happen because usually will eat too fast when I am starving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Yes eating too fast and too much, which is super easy to do at 3 weeks post op, will make you feel like that. I remember I did it a few times. I have definitely learned to eat the right way. Once in a while if I wait too long to eat then it can still happen because usually will eat too fast when I am starving.
    I have this problem as well, if I want to long to eat, I feel like I'm starving and eat way too fast. And, unfortunately, with my job, it seems like I end up doing this almost daily.
    I'm 8 mos out and STILL eat too fast, which causes overeating, then the usual discomfort and/or urping. Guess I'm an old dog and can't learn new tricks....