Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawnislas

4 months and happy life

Rate this Entry
4 months and 50 pounds gone. I weighed in at 158 this morning at my Weight Watchers meeting. This has been an exciting journey. I lost weight every week for 18 weeks until last week when I gained 1.4 pounds. I dug in counting my points and this week found me with a loss of 4.8 lbs. I have so few clothes left in my closet. I bought a size 8P at Christopher and Banks on New Years. Not sure I have ever worn that size before in my life. I am also wearing a medium in tops. The weight loss and the smaller clothes are awesome but the real victories are the newfound energy for work and home. I have been cleaning, organizing, cooking more since Christmas than I have in probably the last 5 years.
I haven't found anything I can't eat but my restriction keeps me with small portions. I was taken off my blood pressure, diabetic, and cholesterol medicine immediately after surgery and have done great since then.
My biggest problem is the hair loss. My hair has been coming out in clumps since a month after my surgery and continues. I take 10,000 mg of biotin once a day and use minoxidil 2 times a day. I also just purchased a shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment by the name of Nioxin. My hair dresser says it has made a difference in her mother's hair. I have noticed my hair is fuller but that could have been from the haircut and color that I received. It seems to have slowed down but maybe that is my wish so I made it so in my head.
I have to say this is the best tool I have had. I didn't realize how disgusted I was with myself but now I feel content. I followed my surgeon's plan to the T and really believe I that is why I have done so well.
My New Years goal is to make goal in Weight Watchers and become a lifetime member. I need to have something to help me to be accountable with my weight loss for the rest of my life. It would also be nice to become a WW leader at some point. I have about 28 more lbs to lose. I am 5'2 and hope I can get down to 130. Maybe not possible since I am 55 years old.
As I read this I see I am all over the place but it is really hard to wrap my head around all the changes in such a short time. I felt the need to record my journey. I am thankful to God, my family, and friends. I truly am blessed.

Submit "4 months and happy life" to Digg Submit "4 months and happy life" to del.icio.us Submit "4 months and happy life" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 months and happy life" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations!! You've been very successful and I love hearing it! My goal for me in 2017 was about getting healthier because I retire March 2018 and when I walk out that building I want to be a new me!!!
    So happy for you!!!
    Happy 2017!!

Leslie
    Congrats Dawn! you are doing great!!
    Don't worry about the weight loss, it might take longer when you are not far from goal but you can reach your goal. Many people here did and didn't even regain!
    About hair loss, I had some issues too from month 3 to 6. It became much better from month 7 and I can see it's growing back little by little. I use a keratin powder to hide my scalp (Toppik, Fusion etc) and nobody can tell...
    Congrats on all your successes. The hair loss is temporary and hopefully will start the regrow the phase soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats on all your successes. The hair loss is temporary and hopefully will start the regrow the phase soon.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Congrats Dawn! you are doing great!!
    Don't worry about the weight loss, it might take longer when you are not far from goal but you can reach your goal. Many people here did and didn't even regain!
    About hair loss, I had some issues too from month 3 to 6. It became much better from month 7 and I can see it's growing back little by little. I use a keratin powder to hide my scalp (Toppik, Fusion etc) and nobody can tell...
    I'm not worried. I feel great and while I have some loose skin it's not as bad as I had feared. Maybe just the bat wings will need some help. Have never heard of keratin powder. It may be my next purchase. Thank you for the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Congratulations!! You've been very successful and I love hearing it! My goal for me in 2017 was about getting healthier because I retire March 2018 and when I walk out that building I want to be a new me!!!
    So happy for you!!!
    Happy 2017!!

Leslie
    Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you. I know your retirement will be so much more enjoyable with better health and mobility.