Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jenniferc002

First week back at work....

Rate this Entry
So I went back to work this week. I'm a therapist so I don't do much physical work but I do work 10 hour days. I am finding it really hard to stay on schedule with eating. My coworkers eat with me in amazement because I eat so little. They are all very encouraging. I am proud to say that I am down 4 pant sizes from my biggest and my shirts are fitting so well or even a little too big!!! I am so excited to be on this journey and I am very great full to everyone who posts and responds on this site because it is very helpful.

I'm having to make some hard adjustments to my sleep which my husband is very resistant to. I have learned that I need to eat my first meal before I leave for work and because it takes me over 30 min to eat, I am going to have to get up about an hour earlier (3:30am) to be able to accomplish it. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of for now. Best of luck to everyone!

Submit "First week back at work...." to Digg Submit "First week back at work...." to del.icio.us Submit "First week back at work...." to StumbleUpon Submit "First week back at work...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

3:30!!! I'd rather sleep later and drink a shake in the car on the way to work.
    Jennifer,

How long did you take off from work? I am proud of you!!!

Addie
    Addie, I was sleeved on 22 Dec and back at work on 9 Jan. It's been nice to get back to my 'normal' lol
    Pam, believe me I would too but my nut says to minimize the protein shakes and since I am more comfortable drinking a shake while talking with patients than I am eating, I had to make some hard adjustments lol
    My nut says protein bars better than protein shakes. I like taste better and they leave me feeling full.
    I'm sorry I can't add to your posy because I am just 1 week post, but I sure am glad you did because all these "back to work" situations will be mine soon...
    Thanks!
    I couldn't give up my sleep. I would do a shake or bar as well. The bar can be nibbled on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    My nut says protein bars better than protein shakes. I like taste better and they leave me feeling full.
    I was told exactly the contrary! so funny! but anyway I don't like the bars...make my own shake and it's fine..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferc002
    Pam, believe me I would too but my nut says to minimize the protein shakes and since I am more comfortable drinking a shake while talking with patients than I am eating, I had to make some hard adjustments lol
    I'm not really sure to understand why some nut give that kind of advice. It took me more than three months to reach 60gr protein per day and I'm glad I had those shakes to help! Now, I make my shake and it's vegan protein powder (my nut would prefer whey but I can't digest whey) based, no artificial sweetener or chemicals. I'm one year out next week and glad to have those shakes to help me because there's still days where only food is not enough...