Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Bad mood and just feeling craby 🦀 😶

Rate this Entry
I'm just in a funk. I don't know how to get out of it.

I can't seem to get it together! I was doing great for a few days trying to get back on a routine.

Yesterday I decided to go get a mani pedi before going to the gym to workout, the nail spa is near gym, but it backfired. I just wanted polish removed and cuticles trimmed and cleaned. It took forever and the guy cut me too close in two fingers (which are still hurting.) I just wanted my nails to breath for a while 😩

I walked out from the nail spa around 6pm the parking lot was packed, and cars still pouring in. I walked over to gym and it's super crowded. I just turned around. I'm going to be honest, I've never been to gym at that time.

Over the weekend I did some deep house cleaning and scheduled carpet and upholstery cleaning for this morning for 8:30a. I got up early to clear all small items off the floor. It was 9:15a and nothing! I called to check I had date/time correct, and a condescending woman tells me it was a window of 8:30-9:30am, but then after I explained that there are offices below me and I was really hoping that they would've started earlier she tells me it looks like the crew won't be arriving until 10am. It just pushed a button and needless to say I canceled the whole thing. She said fine, but it would cost me $35 for canceling last minute. I just went off.

I'm trying to reflect on why I'm so upset.

I'm seeing the Bariatric doctor this afternoon for a follow up. I had labs done last week. After the Holidays who knows how my labs will return. Also my menstrual period is over due, but I am certainly experiencing the bloating and water gain. I even took a water pill yesterday and peed normal.

I'm scared. I'm worried. I'm failing. Are all feelings that are going through me right now.

The reason is that I can see how easily is to fall back to old habits. Why did I just didn't stay at the gym and worked out like I planned? Why was it so easy to get back in my car? I used to sit in the parking lot of the gym then go home and act if I had worked out. WTF!!!??? The person I was lying to was myself, the only person I was hurting was myself!

I used to hate gyms. I felt everyone staring (but not staring) trying to size me up. I could care less now. But then why???

Another 12-week Get Fit program is starting, but I have a lot of work related traveling coming up, and I really need to start being thrifty and stick to my budget since funds are not pouring in.

If I can only get mind and body and weight under some control.

Submit "Bad mood and just feeling craby 🦀 😶" to Digg Submit "Bad mood and just feeling craby 🦀 😶" to del.icio.us Submit "Bad mood and just feeling craby 🦀 😶" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bad mood and just feeling craby 🦀 😶" to Google

Tags: rant Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awww, Shirly-Poo. I'm sad you're all discombobulated. I'd bet a donut, though, that it's pms hormones.

what gym do you go to? is your contract up soon, maybe? I'm thinking maybe a less popular gym would be an idea, one that is isn't packed at any time
    Gym is always nuts and crowded this time of year. New Year's Resolutioners. Give it a couple more weeks and will be back to normal. As for going off from multiple frustrations I can relate. I hate being given a window because I would have to take the day off from teaching to be there, and I positively loathe the condescending tone, especially when I am helping to keep that person employed not doing them a favour. Sounds like you have an early case of the February blahs.
    Hang in there Shirl. When you're going through a blaa period it's rough, but this too will pass. HUGS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Awww, Shirly-Poo. I'm sad you're all discombobulated. I'd bet a donut, though, that it's pms hormones.

what gym do you go to? is your contract up soon, maybe? I'm thinking maybe a less popular gym would be an idea, one that is isn't packed at any time
    Discombobulated LOL! Yep!

I know it is the hormones. I just want to crawl out my skin!

I have Gold's Gym, and I pay super cheap because I've had it for years, I also have a YMCA membership on freeze, but I know that will be even more crowded this time of the year.

We also have an elliptical machine at home so no excuses lol! Except that we lost the electrical plug and to work it manually I only last 5 minutes at that... hmmm.

Thanks PamG! you are always so sweet!

xoxoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    Gym is always nuts and crowded this time of year. New Year's Resolutioners. Give it a couple more weeks and will be back to normal. As for going off from multiple frustrations I can relate. I hate being given a window because I would have to take the day off from teaching to be there, and I positively loathe the condescending tone, especially when I am helping to keep that person employed not doing them a favour. Sounds like you have an early case of the February blahs.
    Yea it dawned on me that it was all the NY Resolutions goers.

I know right! I was going to dish out good money! And not only because my mom was in the service industry, but I am almost a generous tipper. I had made a pot of my special coffee to offer them :-/

I never heard of the February blahs lol!

Thank you for your listening ear!

xoxoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Hang in there Shirl. When you're going through a blaa period it's rough, but this too will pass. HUGS
    Thank you, Leslie! Hugs are needed and appreciated!

I do kinda sorta feel better.

I saw the Bariatric surgeon, for my 8mo post op follow up. My labs came back perfect! He congratulated me for a great job so far and encouraged me to keep up what I am doing. I will see him again at 12mo post op in May. Then it will be an annual check up.

I am feeling a little less stressed.

Thank you again!

Hugs to you!

xoxoxo
    Feel better. Maybe a glass of wine?!?
    LOL at sraebaer!

Shirl, you are a tough mudder. You know you are.
    Our crazy hormones do give us bad days!
    I wish I was in CA right now, we would meet for coffee and laugh about our misery ;-)
    Each time I move, the first year can be tense because of "new everything/new complicated". Here on top you have your new sleeve to worry about. But look, don't stress out, you are doing wonderful!
    Take care! XX
    You gals are beautiful! Thank you for bringing smiles and laughter to my day!

It's Full-Moon, and 27 days since the first day of mens. very uncommon for me. Maybe signs of perimenopause?

I wouldn't mind a glass of wine! It's 5 o'clock somewhere Lol!
    I decided to make daily intentions instead of resolutions as they resonate "failure" because I never seem to keep them. I actually did a support group topic about the difference between intentions and resolutions. So far, so good!
    Shirl, you know this is just a temporary "funk" and this too shall pass. As Ann said, "you're one of the tough and committed ones." Continued success