Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lmariedragon

Hair loss

Rate this Entry
Anyone experience significant hair loss after the procedure? I am told this is common, and it grows back, making sure you get your protein in helps..

Submit "Hair loss" to Digg Submit "Hair loss" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair loss" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I lost hair right around 4 months post sleeve. I had long, thick hair. I lost hair for (I think) 5 months before it stopped around September 2015. I was able to put my hair in a braid and use a tiny rubber band at the end. Today my hair continues to grow back. The new growth comes down to the bottom of my ears. It has a ways to go before it's long and thick like before the surgery.
    From what I have learned there is no way (that I know of) to prevent the loss of the hair. Definitely keep up on protien, and you can take biotin....it didn't help me with preventing hair loss but maybe it helps when it grows in. The sleeve makes you thin from head to toe ;-)
    thank you for your comment, I have thin hair, so the loss of some could be dramatic, but there are beautiful wigs out there if I need them right????
    I'm over two years post surgery and I'm still losing my hair in significant amounts. Hands are full of it when I wash it. Tub is lined with it after I get out. It sucks. I had thin hair already prior to surgery. What I have now is just pathetic. My bun is as big around as my tiny little pinky finger. No exaggeration. I drink tons of protein and eat plenty of it. Definitely get more than plenty of that in, so lack of protein isn't the cause. And getting plenty didn't help. Wish I knew how and where to wig shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    I'm over two years post surgery and I'm still losing my hair in significant amounts. Hands are full of it when I wash it. Tub is lined with it after I get out. It sucks. I had thin hair already prior to surgery. What I have now is just pathetic. My bun is as big around as my tiny little pinky finger. No exaggeration. I drink tons of protein and eat plenty of it. Definitely get more than plenty of that in, so lack of protein isn't the cause. And getting plenty didn't help. Wish I knew how and where to wig shop.
    Oh my, so sorry to hear that it is still coming out, and 2 years down the road... Any one have any suggestions on how to combat this???
    I had significant hair loss at about 3-4 months post-op.

I had thick wavy hair, and it would take me hours to do my hair. Now (7.5 months post-op) it takes me 20 minutes tops! Lol! I am keeping it shorter than normal; it used to be below my shoulders. I have an angled bob I just love!

I have kept my protein up and in the higher levels, on average about 110g protein. I take my multivitamins about every other day since my last labs said that my B6 and B12 were elevated, and everything else has been normal. I always need to improve on water, though most days I do the minimum.

I do have hair rituals I do weekly and have found pure, cold pressed nut oils masks to be helping a lot.

Here are the two products I have used continually:
    - http://justnaturalskincare.com/hair-...-products.html
    - http://www.philipkingsley.com/tricho...ir/learn-more/ (I only buy the step 1 and 2)
    I'm just a week postop so I'm waiting for this... You're hair looks great!!!!
    I lost my hair all my life for anything and everything. Diet, medication etc...I did have thin hair before the sleeve. I lost a lot between month 3 and 6. The pick was when I started to be iron deficient again. Right now, and I will be one year out next week, I can see it's starting to grow back.
    There's not much to do about hair, just take your vitamins, proteins and hope for the best.
    I was ready to use wigs if necessary. I didn't have to but I do use a keratin powder to hide the "spots" (Toppik, you just pick the color the closest from your hair color). I'm happy about my weight loss, hair will grow back...so far so good!
    From what I read it happens in about 40% of sleeve patients. So it is a hope for the best thing. And the more proteins, vitamins, minerals, water and all the other good stuff your body gets the better. Fingers crossed. So far I have not lost any but I am only going to be 10 weeks on Thursday. I also take the biotin that my surgeon recommended. I do see that my hair looks fuller and nicer since taking it. My friend even brought it up the way it looks so healthy and full. Now we will see what happens when I get to the 4 month mark what happens.
    Hello, I lost half the top of my head. Devastating. It grows and then diminishes again. I have cried many of days and nights, because I just didn't know what to do. Well, its a good thing God gave me hands to be stylish with hair.
    I use www.aliexpress.com and buy all my hair (weaves) and wigs for a 1/3 of the cost I would buy here in CA. I just received in the mail a few days ago, 3 bundles and a frontal closure deep wave 10 inches for $51.30. Shipping and handing are free; some may charge, but I choose free.

Just a lil info for those of you that feel you need a enhancement or full wig.
    Krys
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqbearyice
    Hello, I lost half the top of my head. Devastating. It grows and then diminishes again. I have cried many of days and nights, because I just didn't know what to do. Well, its a good thing God gave me hands to be stylish with hair.
    I use www.aliexpress.com and buy all my hair (weaves) and wigs for a 1/3 of the cost I would buy here in CA. I just received in the mail a few days ago, 3 bundles and a frontal closure deep wave 10 inches for $51.30. Shipping and handing are free; some may charge, but I choose free.

Krys
    Thank you for this info... nice to have if I encounter the need...
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqbearyice

Krys
    I have read many of your postings, you always seem to have very educated responses,very much appreciated ...thank you
    I know i'm pre-op but I am so concerned about hair lost AGAIN! I lost 90 pounds a few years ago on my own...which i did regain about 40 pounds. I lost it by fasting and not eating healthy resulting on hair clumps falling out. I started to panic and became very depressed. I went to the DR and did some research to find out how to prevent anymore hair loss. I found out my vitamin D level were the lowest the dr ever seen so i started to take vitamin D to raise it to normal levels. Now I take multi vitamins, biotin 10000 and viviscal daily which has helped tremendously! My hair has grown back and it's much fuller. Of course it is not as thick as it use to be but i can't complain...well not until i lose it again after surgery lol. Anyways, it's inevitable so will do as the veteran sleevers have done as well as continue the same vitamins i'm using now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa7
    I know i'm pre-op but I am so concerned about hair lost AGAIN! I lost 90 pounds a few years ago on my own...which i did regain about 40 pounds. I lost it by fasting and not eating healthy resulting on hair clumps falling out. I started to panic and became very depressed. I went to the DR and did some research to find out how to prevent anymore hair loss. I found out my vitamin D level were the lowest the dr ever seen so i started to take vitamin D to raise it to normal levels. Now I take multi vitamins, biotin 10000 and viviscal daily which has helped tremendously! My hair has grown back and it's much fuller. Of course it is not as thick as it use to be but i can't complain...well not until i lose it again after surgery lol. Anyways, it's inevitable so will do as the veteran sleevers have done as well as continue the same vitamins i'm using now.
    thanks for the info, I do not want to finally combat the weight and then end up bald!