Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

No to Resolutions, Yes to Re-Committments

Rate this Entry
A few years back, I decided to skip with New Year's Resolutions. I find they put so much pressure on me. Instead I go with re-committing myself to a healthy and positive lifestyle. Here's what I wrote about it last year:

https://downthescale.com/2016/01/06/...e-commitments/

How's your New Year going?

Submit "No to Resolutions, Yes to Re-Committments" to Digg Submit "No to Resolutions, Yes to Re-Committments" to del.icio.us Submit "No to Resolutions, Yes to Re-Committments" to StumbleUpon Submit "No to Resolutions, Yes to Re-Committments" to Google

Comments

Beautiful blog. I know what you mean. I gave up on New Years Resolutions years ago.
    Thank you! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gave up on resolutions!
    We had a message at church about new years resolutions and its a known fact that more and more people are giving up the idea because they realize they loose the motivation to stick with it after so many months, myself included. I do like the idea of resolutions but I think they need to be more realistic, so I did make a few resolutions that I can ease into one was to find another way to releive stress instead of eating (wouldn't you know my desire to cook my old fashioned dishes, meals and desserts have haunted me lately lol!). The next resolution is to clean the treadmill off again and make an effort to run again (my daughter uses the treadmill as a storage space so I keep moving her stuff so that guilt is staring me in the face). The other reaolutions is more advancing myself and cultural desires learn piano and study for a big accounting test. I am posting here to hold myself accountable so let's see what the new year brings.
    You have some wonderful and, I think, realistic resolutions! Good for you for making yourself accountable; it's not easy, but well worth it I think! Best wishes!