Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Idling/Boredom

Rate this Entry
Okay gang, just keeping it real.

As I am waiting to hear from new job prospects, idling and boredom are getting the best of me!

I had a cup of coffee and found an old bag of mini biscotti in the pantry; I told myself I could have three and next thing I know I was reaching for the last one. There were only six, but still! Self-control was out to lunch.

I am not beating myself about the biscotti, but then about an hour or two later I ate two beef sticks even though I felt a little sick to my stomach. I just had this desperate need to chew/eat something; that is what is scaring me right now.

I know I have been letting my guard down, and I have made enough excuses, but the truth is that I need to get back on the wagon. I need to clean house! There are too many variables that are making me vulnerable to boredom eating, and I cannot allow that to take over. I have an appointment with my therapist in two weeks, and I am going to call to see if she can see me sooner. It seems like my autopilot is still not set on "make healthy choices" yet.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Submit "Idling/Boredom" to Digg Submit "Idling/Boredom" to del.icio.us Submit "Idling/Boredom" to StumbleUpon Submit "Idling/Boredom" to Google

Comments

Are there any healthy options you wouldn't mind munching on such as raw veggies?? At least you are aware that you are falling back to some bad habits so you can put an end to it now. Make sure you are weighing yourself regularly enough and hold yourself accountable to any weight gain so you don't spiral out of control. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Are there any healthy options you wouldn't mind munching on such as raw veggies?? At least you are aware that you are falling back to some bad habits so you can put an end to it now. Make sure you are weighing yourself regularly enough and hold yourself accountable to any weight gain so you don't spiral out of control. Good luck.
    Thank you, Christie!

I have lowered my whole grain bread intake again and I feel like I'm going through withdrawals. But luckily I have reached for the carrot and celery sticks.

I'm going to do my best to eat cleaner this upcoming week.
    Shirl, From the day I joined the forum you have been a bright spot in my experience here. I joined in May just a few weeks I think from your surgery. You have been so informative, present and motivating. Those qualities that I get to see must just be the tip of your impressive arsenal! I have tremendous confidence in you. You will figure this out.
    Have you tried pickled okra? That helps me when I just want to chew something. 2 pickled okra are 350mg of sodium. I don't have to watch sodium so much so I eat these on occasion.