Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JennK

1 Pound till Goal...

Rate this Entry
Hi Sleevers!

Happy new year.. I haven't been here for a little while, what with work and holidays and such, but just wanted to check in. I had my Sleeve in April, so I am about 9 months out, and just one pound away from my goal! By next week, I should be there! Then its just a matter of maintaining...

I was 216 at surgery date, and am now at 136. 80 pounds gone!!
I did have some struggles, but all in all, it was easier than I expected.

I get a lot of compliments and people telling me how skinny I look, but I kinda still feel big. I think its because my tummy and thighs are still flubby. I had a baby 3 years ago so I know that makes it harder, so my next thing is trying to tone & tighten these areas. I think once that gets better, I will finally feel accomplished. How's everyone else's journey going?

Submit "1 Pound till Goal..." to Digg Submit "1 Pound till Goal..." to del.icio.us Submit "1 Pound till Goal..." to StumbleUpon Submit "1 Pound till Goal..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Whoa! Congratulations to you.

Yes, exercise will help you in soooo many ways -- and not just the "flubby" bits (although it'll help that). It's just part of the healthy lifestyle every WLS patient needs to build and live to keep their weight off.

Now comes the fun part -- maintenance. Very best wishes on that phase, too.
    Congratulations!!! So successful!
    Congrats!!! you are doing great!!!
    How wonderful to reach your goal!!
    But don't worry about the skin, give it some time.
    Because I have more to lose and lost more than you did, I had some serious skin issues a few months ago, but it did bounce back a bit and it doesn't look so bad today as it did three months ago.
    I still have bat wings and an apron but I'm fine with it.
    Try to use lotion regularly and massage your skin, it's good for hydration (when it looks plumped it does look better than dry skin) but also to feel better in your own skin and be more aware of your new size. Our brains take time to adjust and massage does help.
    Congrats JennK!! I am so excited for you to be just 1 lb away!!!! OMG!!! I can't wait to be able to say those same words. And 80 lbs in 9 months is amazing!!!! Yes you can try strength training to help to tone up a bit. And like Ann2 said, it is crucial for us sleevers to help in the maintenance phase. I am still in the beginning but have made exercise a part of this new life. Cheers to your success!!!
    awesome
    Amazing accomplishment! You can see the finish line! Keep up the good work and congratulations!
    Congrats on your accomplishments. I am still working in a positve way towards my goal. I blame it in a lot of different things but at the end of the day its still me in the mirror that needs to put more effort into it. Toning takes on a who different journey so keep on doing what you are doing. Congrats again. :-)
    Congrats!
    So happy for you! I am sure none of us will get to our goal totally unscathed so celebrate all that you went through because you came out a champion!