Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

C25K-Day one! Happy New Me 2017!

Rate this Entry
My new goal is to make running my cardio of choice. I am at the point where I need to up my exercise regiment. My goal is to run a half marathon by December of 2017. So I started my C25K program today. You run/walk 3x a week for about 30 minutes. I downloaded the free app by Zen Labs on my phone. But then decided to upgrade to the pro for $7.99 because it also came with apps for being able to get to 200 sit ups, 200 squats, 100 push ups, 20 pull ups, and a weight tracker app that helps you track, add photos, and journal on your phone.

So I have chosen my 3 running days as Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. It was a 5 minute walking warm up. Then 1 minute running followed by 1 1/2 minutes walking for a total of 20 minutes. Then 5 minutes walking cool down. I was nice and sweaty by the end. So far I feel pretty good and I somehow managed to talk my hubby into joining me! It is great to have such great support from my husband.

I am so excited about this new start to 2017 and I am so excited to be on this journey to the brand new me.

Submit "C25K-Day one!  Happy New Me 2017!" to Digg Submit "C25K-Day one!  Happy New Me 2017!" to del.icio.us Submit "C25K-Day one!  Happy New Me 2017!" to StumbleUpon Submit "C25K-Day one!  Happy New Me 2017!" to Google

Comments

Wow, that is a great goal! and a good idea to have help to track your progress. I just started as well, walking that is! My challenge is incline and adding running to the walking. Day two for me! Going for 4 times a week.

I will have to check out that app, but 200 squats....might give it a try. Have fun brand new you!

Cocobozo
    Yes. It's an awesome app. I did it years ago and it helped me get safely into running and I lost weight as well. This time around I'm starting at a lower weight than when I lost weight from running so that's a plus. I decided to get the push up/sit up/squat/pull up app to ensure I'm toning while losing. Hoping to avoid skin removal surgery. Luckily my skin has decent elasticity for my age (43). So wish I would've done this 10 years ago but oh well.
    Congrats on starting your own walk/run program. When I did C25K years ago I had to repeat weeks sometimes until I felt comfortable but I successfully completed it. I never competed in more than a 10K race though. Although I did complete races that were combination running/obstacles like Tough Mudder and Spartan Race. The Tough Mudder was 19K but since you're not running the whole time it's different.
    Have you set some mini goals for running?
    I am really excited for you. Years ago I started couch to 5K and ending up running everyday at least 3 miles. I also graduated to trail running. I lost 60 pounds. It was the best point in my life. Then crap happened,my life did a nose dive and I gave up and the weight came back. Now, I await surgery. Reading you starting to run is awesome.It's like me years ago. I am so cheering you on here. I know how amazing it can be. Thank you for sharing it all.
    That is awesome!! I can't wait to get into some sort of exercise plan. LOL Thought i would never say that!! Keep us posted on how it's going!
    Christie, Where are you located?
    Christie, I'm so glad you mentioned this program to me. I'm starting my first day with the app today after work! I'm going to give it my best. If I don't do well I will probably try restarting it tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    Does the app beep in your ear when it's time to change from walk to run?
    Quote Originally Posted by peasantme
    I am really excited for you. Years ago I started couch to 5K and ending up running everyday at least 3 miles. I also graduated to trail running. I lost 60 pounds. It was the best point in my life. Then crap happened,my life did a nose dive and I gave up and the weight came back. Now, I await surgery. Reading you starting to run is awesome.It's like me years ago. I am so cheering you on here. I know how amazing it can be. Thank you for sharing it all.
    I love the program. And I feel exhilarated having started it again!! And thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    That is awesome!! I can't wait to get into some sort of exercise plan. LOL Thought i would never say that!! Keep us posted on how it's going!
    When you are ready to start exercising keep this app in mind. I swear it is amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbgone
    Christie, Where are you located?
    I am in San Antonio Texas. Where are you??
    Quote Originally Posted by janellak
    Christie, I'm so glad you mentioned this program to me. I'm starting my first day with the app today after work! I'm going to give it my best. If I don't do well I will probably try restarting it tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    I have full faith you can do it! Just remember to take the running at a pace that feels comfortable and don't try to push too hard or you will be sore. If you do get sore, believe it or not, running actually helps. If you do get sore, icy hot works wonders and a rolling pin to roll over the sore muscles will help with lactic acid build up. But if you take it slow on the run part, you should be fine. So glad you are doing this with me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Does the app beep in your ear when it's time to change from walk to run?
    Yes it does! It will beep and tell you it's time to run or walk. So you can still enjoy your music and when it beeps it turns your music down so you can hear it. I have mine set up to beep, talk, and vibrate. I know you can set it up to do just one but since I get in the zone I want to be sure I hear it.