Christie13

New Years Eve Plans?

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NYE.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	26458
So what are your plans this evening? Today I have already gotten my exercise in and I am getting ready to go to the shooting range. I guess I really have become a Texas girl now! LOL. (I moved here 2 1/2 years ago after spending most of my life overseas. Italy, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Netherlands, and Japan.) There was a time that NYE was filled with eating and drinking. Obviously that will not be the case tonight at 8 weeks out from WLS. Possibly a sip of champagne to toast but that would be it. Really no desire to drink at this point. We are going to be spending the evening with family and there will be lots of food involved. I have not had any issues being around big family food events. I have already survived Thanksgiving and Christmas with no issues what so ever. I can't believe how easy these situations have been. I initially dreaded them thinking it would be really hard to control myself. But I guess because physically you can't gorge or you'll be sick it has been easy. I do not eat to the point of discomfort. Made that mistake a few times in the beginning of eating real foods and won't do that again. Nothing like feeling like crap to change your attitude about overeating. At any rate, I want to wish a Happy New Years to all of my fellow sleevers and soon to be sleeved pals. May you all have a successful evening and an even more successful 2017!!! Big hugs!

Submit "New Years Eve Plans?" to Digg Submit "New Years Eve Plans?" to del.icio.us Submit "New Years Eve Plans?" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Years Eve Plans?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Tonight is my first family shindig since my sleeve on 12/22. I'm still taking in only liquids so there will be no issue there and to help me make sure I got my protein and hydration I bought some ISO pure protein water today. My husband and I are heading to my sister in laws to meet up with my mother in law and to get my son. He's been with family since my surgery so I could recover. I'm excited to not be sitting at home tonight! Happy New Year!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferc002
    Tonight is my first family shindig since my sleeve on 12/22. I'm still taking in only liquids so there will be no issue there and to help me make sure I got my protein and hydration I bought some ISO pure protein water today. My husband and I are heading to my sister in laws to meet up with my mother in law and to get my son. He's been with family since my surgery so I could recover. I'm excited to not be sitting at home tonight! Happy New Year!!!
    Glad you got your son back! It was so nice that your in laws took him so you could recover without mommy duties. That is such a blessing to have great in laws. I am on my second marriage (to my HS sweetheart!!) and I absolutely love my in laws. I didn't have that with my ex and we were married 19 years.
    How did the family gathering go? It's pretty easy to not partake when physically you can't! I had Thanksgiving a few weeks after surgery. I was able to eat a few bites because I was on solids at that time. It was surprisingly easy. I thought I would be more tempted to eat some of the foods I knew I couldn't have but I wasn't.
    Congrats on your first social event under your belt!