Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jenniferc002

A day of ups and downs...

Rate this Entry
So good news first, 8 days post sleeve and today I am wearing jeans one size smaller and my wedding rings went on easily this morning! I was was really excited. I have noticed today that my stomach doesn't seem to be tolerating anything except water today. I got the all clear from my surgeon to transition to soft foods yesterday. So last night I had 1 small bite of cottage cheese, and my stomach was so unhappy with me, I couldn't even go to the ole faithful protein shake. This morning I attempted Greek yogurt with added protein and didn't tolerate that either. Once my stomach settled down, I attempted some baby food with protein and the same thing! I know I need my protein so once again, after my stomach calmed down, I got myself 3 oz of my protein shake and added a little extra protein, and wouldn't you know...still some stomach distress but not as much as everything else. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do?

Submit "A day of ups and downs..." to Digg Submit "A day of ups and downs..." to del.icio.us Submit "A day of ups and downs..." to StumbleUpon Submit "A day of ups and downs..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just wait a few days and try again. We all progress at varying speeds
    First 2 weeks I was told to stay on liquids only. I found that I tolerated broth and creamed soups made with skim milk the best. I could only eat/drink 2 mouthfuls at a time. Had to wait until I could tolerate it again. At 2 weeks I started real food and really had no issued other than the 2 bites and I was full. I still can't eat a whole lot and I am 8 weeks out. I do have to eat frequently to get my protein in. It will get better and easier with time. I can definitely drink more now. I still have to drink protein shakes to supplement my protein intake. If I don't get enough protein my weight loss stalls.
    I was supposed to start soft food at two weeks but waited one more week because my stomach was not ready.
    I did have the same problem but once I learned to take it even slower I was ok. If I were you I would stay away for eating foods that are completely dairy based. Either slowly incorporate dairy in or stay away for now. They can be pretty harsh on the system at first.
    Are you drinking vegetable or chicken broth? If so, you should try transitioning to soft foods with that as your base. Bring a small pot of stock to boil. Add some vegetables like carrots or potatoes. Cook all the way through and then blend it up. This will make it a little thicker of a soup. Then add a bit of dairy if you wish to make it creamier. As you feel better start leaving in chunks of cooked vegetables or adding in beans.
    Thanks janellak, I will try these things out.