Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

C25K-Looking for a few good sleevers!!!!

Rate this Entry
So as a way to upgrade my workouts and start the New Year (New Me) off right I have downloaded the FREE Zen Labs C25K (Couch to 5KM) on my phone. Going to start on New Years Day. I did the program years ago and was very successful with it. I am already starting out at a lower weight so I am super excited. Once I complete it I will sign up to run a 5K and my goal is to do a 1/2 marathon by the end of next year. There is one here in my area called the Rock and Roll Marathon in December so I will sign up as soon as it opens and run my first 13.1. Who wants to do this program with me? We can hold each other accountable! It is an opportunity to make the most of our sleeve and our support for each other. Janellak is going to do it with me. Anyone else up for this challenge?? Remember that the app is completely FREE!! You only run 3x a week. And it starts you off with a run/walk combo. It eases you into running so you don't get injured or give up from doing too much too fast.

Submit "C25K-Looking for a few good sleevers!!!!" to Digg Submit "C25K-Looking for a few good sleevers!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "C25K-Looking for a few good sleevers!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "C25K-Looking for a few good sleevers!!!!" to Google

Comments

I only found the couch to 10K, but I downloaded it. Let me take a look at it.
    I have never been a runner, but I'm willing to do this. I just need to see what's involved. Thanks for the tip on the app.
    Yay!! It's a great app. And any week that is too hard you can redo!! It tells you when to run and when to walk. And you can play your music. It just lowers it and chimes in when you need to change.
    Im in if you'll have me!
    Well Christie you make a good pitch I found myself downloading the app last night. I am still really big, so not sure about the running part but i am gonna try it and see if i can at least fast walk in the run part on week 1 and just repeat until I can do it like is says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousbig
    Im in if you'll have me!
    Yes!!! You will not regret this! It is definitely doable. And there is no shame in having to repeat a week. That is what I did the first time I did the app. I weighed more back then when I started it then I do now so I know this time will be easier. It got me into running and I was really good at it. Then I fell off the wagon and the weight piled on. But it is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub
    Well Christie you make a good pitch I found myself downloading the app last night. I am still really big, so not sure about the running part but i am gonna try it and see if i can at least fast walk in the run part on week 1 and just repeat until I can do it like is says.
    The thing is you run at your pace. The first time I did it I repeated weeks. It truly does work. And you can't beat a free app. Running is a great tool to add to our wonderful sleeve. And we are all here to support each other!!! I got you Cherub!! I know you can do it!!
    Yay to motivation and good pals!
    I'm actually excited. I'm starting right on New Yerars Day!! My days to run will be Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
    Day 1 of C25K completed. I have chosen my 3 running days as Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I feel exhilarated. It was 5 minute walking warm up. Then 1 minute running followed by 1 1/2 minutes walking for a total of 20 minutes. Then 5 minutes walking cool down. Run at your pace. It is doable. I somehow managed to talk my hubby into joining me!