Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Progress.

Rate this Entry
I'm very pleased with my results so far. My 7 weeks post op was this past Thursday. I do my pictures and measurements on Sundays. Since surgery I've lost 25 lbs and lots of inches. My waist -6 inches, Butt/hips -4 inches, biceps -1.5 inches, breast -4 inches, and thighs -4 inches. Best gift I've ever given myself. I'm so happy!! Merry Christmas to all my fellow sleevers and those soon to be sleeved. I cannot express how great this surgery has been. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0996.JPG 
Views:	330 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	26427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1269.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	26428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0997.JPG 
Views:	334 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	26429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1272.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	26430

Submit "Progress." to Digg Submit "Progress." to del.icio.us Submit "Progress." to StumbleUpon Submit "Progress." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look awesome! Congratulations!!!
    Thank you.
    Great changes. Congrats, keep it up.
    Christie, you are so positive and I can tell you are genuine. All the best to you and congratulations.
    Christie your pics are awesome and you are doing great! I'm glad I found your blog post
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Great changes. Congrats, keep it up.
    Thank you. I am so happy to have made this decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub
    Christie, you are so positive and I can tell you are genuine. All the best to you and congratulations.
    Thank you Cherub! I feel so blessed. I really love being on this forum and sharing with people who are going through what I am going through. I think because people who haven't been in our shoes don't really understand what we are going through. The sacrifices we have made to have this surgery. Missing out on social eating. But truth be told, I don't miss it. I am completely happy with my decision and am glad that I have embraced this new lifestyle so easily. My body actually craves the healthy food and not the crap ones. Thanks for your support Cherub!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny53669
    Christie your pics are awesome and you are doing great! I'm glad I found your blog post
    This surgery is amazing if you work it as a tool. It is not a magic bullet and you do have to work it but it will work. This site is great for support because when you are going through something you can reach out and someone will have been through it. I see your surgery is coming up in January. I know you are excited. If you have any questions or ever need support reach out!
    <3 Congrats on your progress!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    <3 Congrats on your progress!!!
    Thank you!
    Christie, I tried a few tastes of my favorites but have not gotten the enjoyment from them I expected. I think because before I would eat a lot of it, just saturate myself in my favorite foods to the point of being very very full. I still don't crave anything physically but mentally I have especially when tired or stressed. When I have tasted some of my favorites it was after eating my protein and small veggies. I think because I could only eat only a little bit and my full switch said hold up... no more.......that I don't get the satisfaction of eating junk like I used to. Something to talk to my emotional support psych about I am sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub
    Christie, I tried a few tastes of my favorites but have not gotten the enjoyment from them I expected. I think because before I would eat a lot of it, just saturate myself in my favorite foods to the point of being very very full. I still don't crave anything physically but mentally I have especially when tired or stressed. When I have tasted some of my favorites it was after eating my protein and small veggies. I think because I could only eat only a little bit and my full switch said hold up... no more.......that I don't get the satisfaction of eating junk like I used to. Something to talk to my emotional support psych about I am sure
    I completely understand. I am the same way. I used to not be able to pass up an offer of cake or bread...especially bread. But I don't crave it or miss it at all. I am completely satisfied on my protein and veggies. I have had an occasional small bite taste of things but you are right that they don't bring the satisfaction they once did. And I think part of it for me is that I do not want to fail. This new tummy is a gift. It is going to get me back to where I need to be. A place I would have never been able to get without the surgery. I am going to love it and treat it right. I am not going to do anything to ruin it. I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE diet Dr. Pepper. I would drink several a day. I know that those are now forbidden. Soda bloats and stretches out your sleeve. So I don't desire them at all. Because I know what will happen if I slip into that bad habit again. I think the same with bread. My nutritionist said I need to think about this low carb diet as my new lifestyle. Always filling up on protein and veggies first. Eating slow and letting myself know when I am full. And I then if after I have let things settle I really want the "other" stuff I can have a small amount. Now being only 8 weeks out there is no room for "other" but eventually I know it will be an option. And I will reach my goal. Nothing is going to stop me. And I want everyone to be successful because I know how important it is to us all or we wouldn't have taken this drastic measure. And mentally wrapping our heads around this new lifestyle is crucial to success.
    Love the post. I relate to all you said. I am about the same time out as you. I had surgery on 10/28. Lately I feel best when I drink something warm before dinner. Tonight I had 8ox fair life skim milk which has 13g protein heat up in microwave for 1.5 minutes and put in two drops of stevia and added 6 oz of hot herbal caffeine free peach tee. It was so yummy I can't even tell you how much . Then about 40 minutes later I had 3 tablespoons of turkey chilli I made. YUM
    FYI I can't explain all my spelling mistakes tonight. I am tired and should not be typing. Sorry for the messy post.
    Haha. I make a lot of typos when I'm on my phone and this site doesn't catch them. Mostly because I can't see the whole typing box. When I'm on my computer I'm good. And auto correct doesn't always kick in because I also send messages to my friend in Italian so I'm constantly having to hit ignore for auto corrects that my phone probably thinks I like to misspell crap. Really I just suck at typing with one thumb.