Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Romandona

9 months out

Rate this Entry
I would like to wish you all a very Merry Holiday and tell you all how grateful I am for all your posts and advice that I've taken and given.

This source allows so much sharing and when you're feeling stressed and unsure, there is confidence in knowing others have experienced the same.

I'm now 9 months out and just went to the dr. on Dec 20. I'm glad to say that I've lost a total of 103 pounds and feel absolutely fantastic and grateful for this tool that has improved my life two-fold.

I'm so excited about the future and feel invincible. I'm also a little scared as I was told I need to increase my calories up to 1200 daily. I will try over the next couple of weeks to increase my calories but only in a safe and healthy fashion. Not with sweets or fat filled foods.

I was also told to increase my weight bearing exercise - so I will make a plan.
I welcome any advice and input anyone would like to share. I would also say that I am happy to give any advice if you want to send any questions my way. I'm always happy to share.

God bless each and everyone of you!

Submit "9 months out" to Digg Submit "9 months out" to del.icio.us Submit "9 months out" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 months out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

103 pounds, that's AMAZING!!! I am less than two months out and have lost a total (including the three months preparing for surgery) of 55 pounds! My goal is still pretty far away though. I am just wondering, what did you do to reach the weight you are at? Calorie count? I have been mostly low carbing and welcome any and all suggestions and ideas.
    Eeeee-mazing! So impressive. We are invincible.
    Wow Romadona that's absolutely awe inspiring!!! Great job!!! Weight training or just weight bearing? What's your current level of fitness? One thing that is great for toning is Pilates. Ages ago I used Windsor Pilates DVDs and they worked great for toning. There are great DVDs by Jillian Michaels, P90X are good. I know there are weight training for weight loss videos as well. I'd google them. And if you want to go the gym route there are usually classes.
    Congratulations! Just remember the joy of what you've accomplished so far and let that carry you through to long term success. Yea...I'm so happy for you!
    You're doing wonderful! congrats!
    I use videos on Sparkpeople, it's great for any level and even for people with injuries, plus I can use it from anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    103 pounds, that's AMAZING!!! I am less than two months out and have lost a total (including the three months preparing for surgery) of 55 pounds! My goal is still pretty far away though. I am just wondering, what did you do to reach the weight you are at? Calorie count? I have been mostly low carbing and welcome any and all suggestions and ideas.

Hello, I wanted to reply and let you know that I use My Fitness Pal to track all my food. I have it set for the following goals each day:
    Protein - 100 grams daily
    Carbs - 90 grams daily
    Fat - 40 grams daily
    sugar - 20 grams daily

I'm currently set at 1129 calories a day, but most days have difficulty reaching that since I've just added 75 calories daily since my last dr. appointment where they told me to try to get to 1200 daily. I thought I would add 75 calories a day for a few weeks and then add another 75 or so later. I also drink about 1 liter of water/cold tea/hot tea daily.

Breakfast I usually have a protein shake - 120 calories or so
    1/2 cup ff plain greek yogurt with 1/2 cup strawberries or raspberries and stevia

Lunch: - tuna salad with 1 tbs light mayo or 60 calories of ff turkey or chicken on 45 calorie a slice bread. I usually have two slices of bread. Something crunchy, like a sliced cucumber or celery.

Dinner - protein - 3 oz or 85-90 grams of chicken, beef or pork. and if room, I add a small salad or steamed veggie.

Snacks usually before bed because I have calories and nutrients I have left of fill. these are samples of what I could have.
    2 TBS whipped peanut butter and SF fruit spread
    or
    SF Jello Choc pudding and redi whip
    or
    Laughing Cow 35 calorie wedge cheese and 4 triscuits.

That's what've I've done. Good Luck to you.[/LIST]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Wow Romadona that's absolutely awe inspiring!!! Great job!!! Weight training or just weight bearing? What's your current level of fitness? One thing that is great for toning is Pilates. Ages ago I used Windsor Pilates DVDs and they worked great for toning. There are great DVDs by Jillian Michaels, P90X are good. I know there are weight training for weight loss videos as well. I'd google them. And if you want to go the gym route there are usually classes.
    I haven't really done much exercise to my dismay. I do walk quite a bit and do my basement stairs a few times a day. I do have a treadmill and elliptical but I'm not inspired to exercise like that. I plan on beginning a daily purposeful movement. Just wii fit videos. I have a set of weights that I will start using. Hopefully this will help me to combat the loosey goosey skin that I'm dealing with.

Good luck to you all too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Congratulations! Just remember the joy of what you've accomplished so far and let that carry you through to long term success. Yea...I'm so happy for you!
    Thank you so much. I appreciate the pat on the back. I'm just scared now that I have to add calories. But, I'm going to be smart about it. I refuse to ever go back.
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! You've done amazingly and thank you for your example of the foods you eat.