Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Still obese

Rate this Entry
So I've lost quite a bit of weight from before surgery until now. I'm halfway to my goal (more or less). I have to lose 15 lbs to leave obese and just be overweight. I keep looking at myself and I don't see it anymore. I feel great. I know I'm not thin but I can't see the obese person anymore. I know I still have weight to lose and I'm determined to get there. But still obese? Am I the only one feeling like this? It's like the opposite of when anorexic people see themselves as fat. I see myself as overweight, not obese.

Submit "Still obese" to Digg Submit "Still obese" to del.icio.us Submit "Still obese" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still obese" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Christie,
    I know how you feel, when I lost 77 pounds a couple of years ago I felt thin and people didn't recognize me because I had lost so much weight, but the BMI chart still said I was obese. I felt great also and I know I looked pretty good too! I think it's whatever you feel, don't put yourself in that stupid BMI cookie cutter box, you're a human being (and very lovely by the way), not a number on a stupid chart! Keep up the good work!
    Thank you so much. I needed that. I just keep thinking that BMI is not for everyone. I'm doing my thing and my weight is dropping. I'm done looking at that stupid BMI calculator. I think it's defective. LOL. I think I had a minute of feeling disheartened when I felt so good about myself only to see I was still obese. Big hugs Lisa.
    Don't feel bad i only lost 50 lbs i'm borderline in the 200's i thought i would loose 100+ lbs but only lost half, i'm still fat! my biggest problem is my belly and having depression and anxiety hasn't helped me much with weight loss, i think 77 lbs is awesome! and you look amazing ! congrats hon
    I've lost 44 so far but some of that was pre op. I'm hoping to lose at least 43 more but honestly I'd be happy losing 30 more. Why do you think your weight loss stalled? Did you have a sleeve? Is it possible you aren't eating enough protein? I've found I lose less when I can't get enough protein in. I'm sure your anxiety and depression isn't helping. I saw on your page you're considering a second surgery (unless I misread the comment from the doctor about a Skype consult). Would it be another sleeve or something else? I hope you are able to find the weight loss you're looking for. Big hugs.
    It's just some dumb chart. You are feeling great, looking great, and getting healthier, that's what counts. (By the way, I HATE that word obese.) Just keep doing what you are doing and you will keep losing weight. And keep up that positive attitude, it will take you far! Merry Christmas!

I've lost all my weight but still have "fat brain." I still look twice in the mirror or stare at the size label in my jeans, hardly able to comprehend it. I still sit on the aisle at church, theater, or airplane, thinking I won't fit between others. (I do.) I continually ask my husband, "Now if I was a stranger walking down the street, would you think I was just a regular-sized person?" (Driving him nuts by the way.)
    May I just throw out there that the Rock is obese on BMI charts! They do not take into account body type/bone structure. The only time in my life I was low in my "healthy weight" range according to the BMI chart, I was LITERALLY an anorexic teenager!!!! Be you (-= Your pic is pretty, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    It's just some dumb chart. You are feeling great, looking great, and getting healthier, that's what counts. (By the way, I HATE that word obese.) Just keep doing what you are doing and you will keep losing weight. And keep up that positive attitude, it will take you far! Merry Christmas!

I've lost all my weight but still have "fat brain." I still look twice in the mirror or stare at the size label in my jeans, hardly able to comprehend it. I still sit on the aisle at church, theater, or airplane, thinking I won't fit between others. (I do.) I continually ask my husband, "Now if I was a stranger walking down the street, would you think I was just a regular-sized person?" (Driving him nuts by the way.)

Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes I feel impatient to get to the end of my journey where I get to maintain. Proud of you for reaching your goal. Merry Christmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    May I just throw out there that the Rock is obese on BMI charts! They do not take into account body type/bone structure. The only time in my life I was low in my "healthy weight" range according to the BMI chart, I was LITERALLY an anorexic teenager!!!! Be you (-= Your pic is pretty, btw.
    Thank you! You're too sweet! I actually talked to my primary care physician about this. He told me based on my body type he thinks my goal should be about 130. He also told me he wouldn't classify me as obese. I just wanted to hug him. Merry Christmas SaraMichelle!