Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SpringRose

Any Advice: Mysterious back pain 3 years out advice. See the doc tomorrow

Rate this Entry
Any advice will be helpful. I will see my normal doc and the new local gastric sleeve surgeon. Before surgery I never had back pain. Now it is a daily battle. I have seen a physical therapist, working on strength training, and done anything suggested.

Tomorrow I plan on asking about MRI's and anything else. I also plan to ask the surgeon what may have caused it. Do you guys know anything?

Triggers: eating til full, eating sweets, sitting too long, standing too long, and simple things like washing dishes, folding laundry, wrapping even 2 presents.

Helps pain or keeps pain away: Walking or moving without a jarring sensation

Pain management with muscle relaxers is the only help but is short lasting. Cymbalta is kind of helpful but only makes it moderate for 1/2 the day.

Biggest issue Is That I can only work part-time and am supposed to start grad school next fall. With muscle relaxers and this pain, my memory and ability to do so much work and volunteer like I used to is impossible.

I'm desperate. 6 months to figure this all out!!!

Submit "Any Advice: Mysterious back pain 3 years out advice. See the doc tomorrow" to Digg Submit "Any Advice: Mysterious back pain 3 years out advice. See the doc tomorrow" to del.icio.us Submit "Any Advice: Mysterious back pain 3 years out advice. See the doc tomorrow" to StumbleUpon Submit "Any Advice: Mysterious back pain 3 years out advice. See the doc tomorrow" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry to hear that. No answers but I'd be curious to hear what the doctor says. I've found that since surgery I can't sleep in the same position all night without feeling pain in my lower back and stomach. But if I switch to another position I'm fine until that gets uncomfortable and I switch again. I have a temperdic mattress so it's not that. Not comparing my issue to yours as yours seems much worse. Just curious if it's surgery related. Did it start right after surgery? I hope you get answers and feel better soon.
    Thanks! Yes, it start right after surgery. They assumed it was gas and such. But it is still present. Since I have good insurance now, we are going to start investigating it so I get figure it out. I will definitely post about what is found and whether or not it is related.