Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jenniferc002

Tough lesson to learn...

Rate this Entry
So I'm still here at my parent's house and today we had an open house for friends and family to come by and say to us all. So of course there is all kinds of goodies...sugar cookies, Chex mix, pumpkin spice bread, punch, etc and it smelled delicious. Don't worry, I stayed good and didn't snitch even once! This was especially hard when I had to make frosting for the sugar cookies...I hated it! I am the baker in my family and when it comes to frosting, it's all done by taste. I had such a hard time relying on my mom, brother, and brother in law to help me out. But I did it! To make a long story short, I realized how much junk food I would have eaten before this surgery...and it disgusted me. It also made me even more proud that I am changing this! Only 2 more days to go and then I'm back at home.

Submit "Tough lesson to learn..." to Digg Submit "Tough lesson to learn..." to del.icio.us Submit "Tough lesson to learn..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Tough lesson to learn..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good job and the ah ha moments are priceless. Merry Christmas 🎁.
    And I'm proud of you, too. Congratulations.

Lots and lots of victories like that will turn into your healthy, weight-maintaining lifestyle.

The other thing I have been noticing since my surgery is how much OTHER people eat! I am amazed and know that I would have been right there with them even though I am sitting through a dinner and am absolutely satisfied with my small amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    The other thing I have been noticing since my surgery is how much OTHER people eat! I am amazed and know that I would have been right there with them even though I am sitting through a dinner and am absolutely satisfied with my small amount.
    Me, too! And I'm really judgey about what everyone eats...lol
    That's awesome! I don't crave junk either. I'm sure maybe one day but luckily not today. Great job on your willpower. I made a cake and cupcakes on Thursday and was the same way. No licking anything and when everyone was saying how good it was I had to take their word for it!
    Every other commercial is a food commercial. It sucks! The good thing is that I'm not actually hungry, but the commercials sure make me feel like I'm missing out.
    Good for you. It is an eye opener to see how much food I would have packed in, in the past. I'm glad I'm not that way anymore.
    WTG you are an inspiration!
    Your will power is amazing! Keep it up, you're an inspiration to us all who struggle with this on a daily basis.