Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

czorin

Day of Surgery

Rate this Entry
I met the Anesthesiologist, and 3 of the Surgical nurses; everyone seemed professional, courteous, knowledgeable...and had a sense of humor. I guess they need it to keep so many people from various backgrounds calm.

Once my procedure was completed, I vaguely remember answering some questions in the "waiting room", and climbing into my bed at the hospital.

Within 3 hours of my procedure, some women from my group were walking the halls. No, I wasn't being a weenie-man, I had my gallbladder removed as well, and My Queen (my wife is an RN, BSN) said to wait 6 hours :-)

I never felt the pains, nausea, throat tightness, or burping spells that some of the others on my hall were experiencing, and for that I thank G-D!!!
Also, Dr. Mario Almanza and the surgical staff!

Submit "Day of Surgery" to Digg Submit "Day of Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Day of Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day of Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad your surgery went smoothly. I had pain and nausea directly after surgery but only for about an hour. Then it passed. But that first hour I was hoping I hadn't made a huge mistake. I just slept a lot off and on. I'm sure there were pain meds in my IV. I'd say I walked about 5 or 6 hours after surgery. Mostly because I was so tired. My dad had his gall bladder removed when he had gastric bypass back in the late 80's.