Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pam G

I'm....thin?

Rate this Entry
I've officially shed 78 lbs.

Today is the first time I'm actually feeling.....normal. Not quite "thin", but no longer obese.

I tossed my last pair of big undies today cause I found myself trying to stuff them into my jeans and it was uncomfortable having my panties in a bunch...(ha, see what I did there?)

I've gone from an 11 to a 9 in undies. From 2xl to L in scrubs. And I bought a pair of men's jeans in a 32x32 cause my legs and butt are gone. I've bought one new shirt in an XL in the normal size section, but just wearing my same ole 2X shirts otherwise.

I'm slowly packing away my big clothes. Not ready to get rid of them, because, like many of us, I've never kept the weight off in the past, so....there's that.

No change in shoe size, but I only wear flip flops or sneakers, so that's no biggie.

I realized just yesterday that my cravings for potato chips has gone away. We had a party on Friday at work, and chips didn't even cross my mind. Cookies, however....oh my. Let's just say I fell off the wagon and was dragged for a mile!

Looking forward to Christmas, because there's no junk food at my in laws No good cookies, cakes or candies....so there's no temptation. I used to lose 5 lbs over Christmas. Not expecting that much this year, but maybe one or two.

Merry Christmas to all my sleevie buddies!

Submit "I'm....thin?" to Digg Submit "I'm....thin?" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm....thin?" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm....thin?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

78 lbs!! That's amazing!!! I'm still obese but starting to feel thinner. I still need to lose 15 lbs to move into the overweight range. But I've come so far I consider it a win. Oddly enough, I don't feel obese anymore. I guess when you've been fat for so long the weight loss feels like a huge victory. Especially since it's always been a struggle.
    As far as the cookies stay at parties, you are all good. It's if they enter your house that it would be bad!
    After all it's that time of the year! enjoy your cookies and your 78 pounds gone!

You look so different in that photo, no wonder you can pack away your big scrubs! Well done!

I needed a new waterproof jacket for my next trip and was really surprised I could actually wear a L!
    I'm still a few months from goal and still obese on the BMI chart but it doesn't really show anymore...friends I didn't see for months couldn't recognize me last week...it was really funny!

Have a wonderful holiday season, Merry Christmas to you too!
    Wow -- 32 x 32 men's jeans are skinny jeans. Congratulations, Pam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Wow -- 32 x 32 men's jeans are skinny jeans. Congratulations, Pam.
    Lol! And they're still baggy in the butt and legs, but tight in the belly!
    Pam. .so happy for you. I have hit my 6 week Monday and feeling great. I have started to drop weight quickly and started to give away the large clothes as well. Please keep the journey going - you deserve only the best in life.
    Cheers

PS
    stay away from the cookies
    yay! checking in on old peeps. glad to see it is going well!