Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KariVSG

Mistake!!!

Rate this Entry
I have had my gastric sleeve on 11/8/2016 and i am freakin miserable. I have lost 48lbs in 36 days. I cant eat, I can barely drink, im so tired and i dont have energy for anything. Im afraid if it keeps going this way I could die. This surgery is nothing like I thought it would be. I dont think I would ever tell anyone to do it. Please do your research on the surgery before you commit to it. There is no reversal and once its done you cant change your mind. My doctor said this will pass, but as every day goes by and I dont put anything in my stomach I feel my stomach is just getting smaller and its going to be worse.. Please I stress Please think about this long and hard before you do this. This surgery is not a joke.:

Submit "Mistake!!!" to Digg Submit "Mistake!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Mistake!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mistake!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I have heard that it's different for everyone and it sounds like you are getting the bad.... just bad.
    My surgery was the 15th of November and I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I have lost 50 pounds all together but can keep everything down and have only once experienced OVERFILL, which is super unpleasant but was totally my fault. My energy is going up and I am starting to exercise more, not to mention the lowered back pain due to smaller belly.
    I am thinking of you and hope it turns around soon. Have you tried any of the bariwise soups? The cream of tomato helped me lots during my liquid phase.
    I am sorry you're having such a hard time. I found the first month difficult especially if I got behind on my liquids.
    Kari, I'm really sorry to read that you are feeling so down. My first month was really hard but I always did try my best to be positive. It's important to You need to keep drinking all day your protein shakes and have tiny bites (the size of a peanut) when you eat.
    I had a hard time drinking a full bottle of water (16oz) per day for weeks. I could only stand it iced cold. It did help when I was drinking broth because with more substance to be able to keep something down.
    I'm pretty sure that within a few days things will get better. You need to relax because stress is bad for the stomach. I had to deal with some stressful situations post-sleeve and it made it difficult to ingest anything.
    May be try some homeopathy to help relieve stress? there's no side effect and you take it sublingual (Boiron, Sedalia, Stress Relief, 60 Quick-Dissolving Tablets or Hyland's, Nerve Tonic, Stress Relief, 32 Caplets). Sometimes little things do help. I had awful nausea for months and homeopathy was a really big help. I hope it can help you too. Take care!
    Oh Kari so sorry to hear this .I am having surgery on Monday and so excited.just hate to hear you are having trouble. Will say a prayer for things to turn around for you soon
    I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering. You were such a cheerleader for many before you had your surgery. I will say that I fell into a depression from about 5 weeks out until 8 weeks or so. I am better now and have really started getting all my liquids in just this week. Just keep trying and hopefully things will turn around soon. I'll pray for you.
    I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly. I haven't had mine yet so can't really give any advice. Seems like your doctor should be helping more. I will pray for you to feel better soon
    Oh honey I'm sorry you're having such a hard recovery. I can't eat much either but feel great. I use bites of an Atkins Lift protein bar to help me through out the day. I haven't lost as much as you have, though. My energy is good but I take a B12 gummy twice a day. And the more active I am the more energy I seem to have. Try drinking a sip of protein shake every 10-15 minutes. Set a timer if you have to. It is going to get better. Everyone is different and everyone heals differently. I hope things get better for you soon. Wish I could give you a big hug!!!
    Prayers to you and don't accept a shrug off from your Doc. Hold them accountable and get better and fixed. It sucks to be in pain and miserable. Eating isn't fun for me at all...it's a shitty experience and I can't do anything about it. You fight and get better...you've been so positive with everyone else, just know that you've got folks in your corner too...xoxoxoAl
    I did remember that you said post-op you had an other procedure to stretch your stomach.
    Did the doctor gave you corticoids after?
    A friend of mine had stomach surgery a few years ago, and she had the same issue post-op with not being able to drink or eat. She didn't have a sleeve so the goal was not to lose weight but just get better. A few days after the surgery she went under for an other procedure to stretch her stomach with a balloon. Then she had to take corticoids to stop the inflammation.
    So I'm not a doctor, but if I was you I would monitor exactly what I'm able to drink in one day and contact the surgeon with that result asap. If you are having a stricture which is a common side effect after a sleeve, there is a good treatment to help you.
    But really try not to stress, it can only get things worth. When I stressed out I couldn't drink either and I was five months out with no issues of that sort before. I think stress is more powerful after the sleeve, our stomach is in a fragile state and can't take it anymore..
    Thank u everyone. I do think stress is a big issue right now. I'm just going one day at a time. I'm trying to get into the doctors office Monday but not having any luck.
    Something doesn't seem right, if you can't eat or drink why won't the doctor see you? Clearly there's a problem. If you're not drinking you may end up dehydradrated with a host of other problems. Several people on this forum ended up in the emergency room as a result of dehydration. Don't take the doctor's "this will pass" nonsense. You need water to survive
    "Not putting anything in your stomach" is not a good idea. The idea is to put what's allowed at your stage and what your new belly can tolerate, into you and making sure you are healthy. Stress plays a big part along this journey and ways to deal with it in a positive way, will help achieve success. I also think we're used to eating larger amounts of food and think the smaller amounts aren't "much or enough", maybe journaling what you eat will help and also give you something constructive to do pertaining to foods.
    I wish you peace and continued success along your journey, but for most people bariatric surgery is not only a "game-changer" it's a "life-saver."
    No matter what, never forget that our disease is what got us to the point of requiring this surgery. It is not elective, even if the results constitute a better appearance. The path is never straight forward, nor ever in even in levels of difficulty. Your journey is different then everyone else, and you will get to love the "new you". The "new you" is 100% you but, with a designer stomach, and new habits.

I just had "elective" lower body lift surgery, and have been dealing with complication after complication. I very much felt as you do today. I was questioning everything and feeling pretty low. The only thing that kept me going was realizing how far I've come, and how this sis just a hard part. If I lose the battle, I know the health risks. I also know the risks of surgery. Both make me less than happy but, the less evil is the one you control. You got this!!!

One love
    Kari,
    I am so sorry you are having a hard time. Remember you telling me small sips, small bites. It will get better. I am at the 6 month mark and I still have issues with water but I use the propel powder and I can drink the water so much easier. My doctor told me it takes more muscles to drink water so if you put something in it it is easier to drink. also try ice chips, they seemed to help a lot. I was on a liquid diet for a month before trying food, I thought my doctor was trying to kill me but it makes sense now. Hang in there. it will get better.
    Kari, I felt this way at times, but stick to it and understand that the battle really is not with you and your tummy ..but between you and your head. I will be 9 months for me and I have almost lost 100 pounds...I would go back again and do it in a heartbeat!
    Kari, my Dear

I had my gastric sleeve Aug 16, lost 15 pounds then stopped losing started gaining, I could gulp my food, since day 2 / week after surgery.
    Now I am able to eat anything and it was like I never had the surgery at all but the marks were on my stomach. No pain at all. No restrictions
    Unbelievable

Went to Dr. Kuri in Mexico... do not see him ANYONE!

I was embarrassed, was a sucker.. I picked the wrong guy when I heard such good things about Mexican Drs.
    All I can do is go on, I have actually took my saving and are paying for a US dr to do a gastric bypass.
    He gave me quite a discount due my misfortune.

Kari, you need to take care of you and the dr needs to know that you think you are dying and document it. That you are not a basket case and it is all real what you are feeling.
    I am so sorry for you.
    I am sad for me, but I am not in pain or weak as you are.
    Your lifes needs to go on.
    Get serious with your problem.. we know you are not a WHINER and visit the ER if you need to to get fluids. Do not take no as an answer. Don't give up.

xo hugs
    Hey Keri,

I've on hiatus, and just catching up.

I hope you find some relief soon, and get to enjoy the weightloss you so much wanted and waited for.

As you know my experience was completely the opposite, and my weight-loss has been snailing along which in itself was a hell of a mind game. If I had a concern I did contact my post op team immediately. To be honest, sometimes they weren't much help in terms of easing my mind and thank goodness I didn't have anything serious. I knew the risks going into surgery, and either way if I stayed the way I was I could be dead by 50 years old from Diabetic complications like my dad, but at times it was scary to think something could be wrong. At 7-months post-op I still have to be careful with foods. I do tend to forget that I've had surgery, but my Sleeve still has an alarming way to remind me I drank liquids too fast, or I ate one bite too much.

Sending you immense love. Hang in there!
    Hey Keri,

I've on hiatus, and just catching up.

I hope you find some relief soon, and get to enjoy the weightloss you so much wanted and waited for.

As you know my experience was completely the opposite, and my weight-loss has been snailing along which in itself was a hell of a mind game. If I had a concern I did contact my post op team immediately. To be honest, sometimes they weren't much help in terms of easing my mind and thank goodness I didn't have anything serious. I knew the risks going into surgery, and either way if I stayed the way I was I could be dead by 50 years old from Diabetic complications like my dad, but at times it was scary to think something could be wrong. At 7-months post-op I still have to be careful with foods. I do tend to forget that I've had surgery, but my Sleeve still has an alarming way to remind me I drank liquids too fast, or I ate one bite too much.

Sending you immense love. Hang in there!
    You have alot of messages and I didnt read them all but if they haven't mentioned a stricture you might check that out. Also have the doctor do a stomach check to make sure everything is working right, things may not be working as they are sposed to. That is not normal. Please see your doctor right away.
    Hey Kari, how are you doing, I've not been on here much, I am now worried for you and do hope you're on the mend and enjoying the sleeved life you hoped for. Please let us all know you are ok. Sending you a big hug from. the UK. X