Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Allynicole124

Waiting on Insurance and trying to be patient

Rate this Entry
Hi I started my Pre-Op liquid diet on 12/8/16. My Gastric Sleeve is scheduled on 12/19-16. I am still waiting on Approval from Insurance and trying to Patient but unfortunately I am not the most patient person. I have some questions if anyone has any feedback I would be much appreciated. How long has been longest anyone on here has had to wait? And prior to this long journey doesn't the Surgeon doing your Surgery do some kind of Pre-Approval? Because of all Dr. Appt's, Nutrition Classes, Psychological Eval. Breathing test, Pulmonary Dr. Appt's etc. Before People go thru all this and the money spent?

Submit "Waiting on Insurance and trying to be patient" to Digg Submit "Waiting on Insurance and trying to be patient" to del.icio.us Submit "Waiting on Insurance and trying to be patient" to StumbleUpon Submit "Waiting on Insurance and trying to be patient" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I did my surgery through my insurance. The surgeon's office knew the rules for my provider (Aetna) and followed them. I got my approval a few weeks after they submitted the paperwork. But my surgeon scheduled my surgery after getting the approval. I think most surgeons know the ins and outs of insurance and are able to get the approval. They know what you need to do to meet the requirements. I'm sure you'll get it! Don't stress. I felt the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I did my surgery through my insurance. The surgeon's office knew the rules for my provider (Aetna) and followed them. I got my approval a few weeks after they submitted the paperwork. But my surgeon scheduled my surgery after getting the approval. I think most surgeons know the ins and outs of insurance and are able to get the approval. They know what you need to do to meet the requirements. I'm sure you'll get it! Don't stress. I felt the same way.
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR COMMENTING. I HAVE AETNA ALSO. DID YOUR SURGEONS OFFICE HAVE YOU CALL YOUR INSURANCE BECAUSE TODAY MY DR. OFFICE CALLED AND HAD ME CALL MY AETNA INSURANCE COMPANY BECAUSE SHE SAID SOMETIMES MEMBERS HAVE A CHANCE TO GET QUICKER RESPONSE?? Did you call also
    I'm in the same boat, waiting for approval with 9 days till surgery and I'm trying to keep my nerves in check. Good luck!
    Good luck! I hope insurance comes through for you. I had the majority of my tests and appointments completed before the surgeon's office called me and said they received approval from my insurance. I think part of the wait is due to insurance needing some of the test results in order to decide to approve someone. Which, in my opinion, is ridiculous. Considering how much we pay for insurance, we should be able to use it without jumping through a ton of hoops!
    My insurance had a 48 hour turn around, which astounded me. I would call the insurance myself if I were you. I work in hospital admitting and have a ton of experience with insurance companies. Being pro-active (and friendly) usually pays off (-=
    @allynicole124. I didn't have to call but my surgeon did have to resubmit some documents. I'm confident that if your surgeon knows the Aetna rules you'll get approved. I had to be under a doctors care for obesity for 6 months, 4 nutrition appointments, 40+ BMI, could not gain at any weigh in, psych eval, 31-35 days between appointments, and I think that's it. You'll get it!!