Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Fatbgone

1 month post-op and I still can barely eat anything

Rate this Entry
What can I eat? It seems like I throw up everything I try to eat. What have you found that was easy on the stomache?
On the positive side I was down 26 pounds before surgery and now I'm down another 26. Who-hoo!

Submit "1 month post-op and I still can barely eat anything" to Digg Submit "1 month post-op and I still can barely eat anything" to del.icio.us Submit "1 month post-op and I still can barely eat anything" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 month post-op and I still can barely eat anything" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

have you talked with your doctor, perhaps you have a stricture, it can cause vomiting?
    How much are you eating before you throw up? I'm 5 weeks out and can only eat 2 bites and if I eat more than that I get sick as well. Had a follow up yesterday with my surgeon who said real food will fill you up with a lot less than the liquids/protein shakes. Making the transition isn't easy. If you throw up after one bite I would suggest talking to your surgeon.
    You need to eat bites the size of a peanut, and wait several minutes in between each bite. and at that stage sometimes only 1/4 cup could fill me up. Don't drink 30 mns before and after food. If that's what you're doing the vomiting is abnormal and you should contact your surgeon.
    Good luck and take care.
    Talk to your surgeon. They can check to see if something is wrong, and if not they can give you anti-nausea meds.

I can't relate because never threw up in 3 years. I was very lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    You need to eat bites the size of a peanut, and wait several minutes in between each bite. and at that stage sometimes only 1/4 cup could fill me up. Don't drink 30 mns before and after food. If that's what you're doing the vomiting is abnormal and you should contact your surgeon.
    Good luck and take care.
    Thanks for the info about peanut sized food. Waiting several minutes for a "bite" to go down will definitely take some practice....
    Good to read that you're staying positive. And congrats on the 26/26 weight loss!
    Thank you. I think it's a combination of drinking too close to eating and trying to eat more than 2 bites. I also think that is my limit.
    Thank you to sandra3, it's been ten weeks and I still throw up but now I know why, because I try to eat same bite size as before and that doesn't work. I will try to eat peanut size bites now. Not sure if that's why I have lost 68lbs in ten weeks since my surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanna53
    Thank you to sandra3, it's been ten weeks and I still throw up but now I know why, because I try to eat same bite size as before and that doesn't work. I will try to eat peanut size bites now. Not sure if that's why I have lost 68lbs in ten weeks since my surgery.
    Your very welcome! we can't eat much during the first six months, that's why it's important to have those protein shakes to help reach the required protein level. For me it's 60 gr protein per day and I had a hard time to reach it during the first three months.
    There's many things I couldn't have, eggs was hard and even now sometimes I can't eat more than one. At the beginning what I liked to do was to make a veggie soup and mix my meat in it. Also split peas pured was great, with a little cheese on top. Any dry meat was impossible to eat...still today I'm careful to have everything really moist.
    Sandra gave a great visual for how the process for eating at this stage. I thought I wasn't eating enough at this stage, told the surgeon and he said, "Isn't that why you had weight loss surgery?" The answer was a resounding, "YEP".

You'll find your way and I wish you continued success on your journey!