Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Muted_Tummy

6 mo follow up and Body Composition Results

Rate this Entry
So my 6 mo doc apt was Wednesday and my follow body composition was today.

Blood work

Blood work as all good.

B12 was high so cutting down to three times a week,
D was still low (but high for me and normal for New Englanders in winter) so she wants me to take two pills a day. Blood work showed blood loss (due to period issue) but only iron saturation was low. NP praised my diet and supplementing to be managing this so well (yay). Cholesterol was high, but low for me, and I wasn't fasting.
Everything else perfecto.

Body Composition

So I found and paid for, out of pocket, body composition visits. I had researched this pre-op and wanted things beyond scale and measurements to really ensure I am losing fat and not muscle - or - losing at the right ratio for health.

Happy to report that of the 69 lbs they show lost, 55 of it was fat and 14 was lean tissue (including the loss of 1/2 my belly). This is about a 3:1 ratio which I read was good.

Yay

Bow chicka wow wow.

Submit "6 mo follow up and Body Composition Results" to Digg Submit "6 mo follow up and Body Composition Results" to del.icio.us Submit "6 mo follow up and Body Composition Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 mo follow up and Body Composition Results" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Post Op Info

Comments

Awesome news!

I also had my six month follow up earlier in November with my new pcp, and my b12 and b6 continue to be elevated, though i have cut down on the BComplex supplements. I'm going to rely on just my bariatric multivitamin until my next blood work in February. VitaminD slightly low too, cholesterol went up to 179 from second postop labs 169 and from first postop 148 <- will keep eye on that! Protein was slightly low, but better than last time.

I love knowing that my visceral fat is melting away! Thank you body composition scan technology!