Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Oh Lisa

T-minus 3 days. . .

Rate this Entry
Wednesday is the day. I fly out on Tuesday - start the all liquid diet tomorrow even though it feels like I've been doing all liquid for 3 weeks and today leaves me some reflection. I hope I'm doing the right thing with this. I lost 20 lbs since I confirmed my surgery date which is awesome but makes me think - maybe I could do this without the surgery. I totally know this isn't a realistic food plan for long term that I'm on, so I think its just those self doubts. I've read some negative things from people who had the sleeve and its mostly due to their own lack of self-control or using the "tool" the proper way. I proved to myself I can do the pre-op so I'm pretty sure I can do the post-op forever way of eating also. Anyone else get the last minute cold feet for the surgery? I'm mentally prepared because my motto is "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst". Any last minute words of advice??? I've really appreciated reading everyone's roller coaster ride stories of all the ups and downs and even if you don't think anyone was paying attention - trust me- I am. It's helped me a lot to know this won't be a cake walk, but maybe a non-cake stroll or even a non-cake marathon because its not an easy solution by any means but we are ultimately the ones in charge of this whole lifestyle change. So, back to packing. . .

Submit "T-minus 3 days. . ." to Digg Submit "T-minus 3 days. . ." to del.icio.us Submit "T-minus 3 days. . ." to StumbleUpon Submit "T-minus 3 days. . ." to Google

Comments

I remember being successful in my preop diet and thinking the same thing. The truth is that not only could I not have sustained that diet to lose all the weight I needed but I would never had been able to keep it off. I'm about halfway to goal and off all but one medication. I also remember thinking after surgery that I had made a huge mistake but that didn't last long. Good luck to you.
    I felt the same way. My pre-op diet went really well and I felt great. Lost 25 lbs, had lots of energy and a much better outlook on life. I felt like I could lose the weight on my own, no problem. But: I have been there before. Lost lots of weight (way more than 25 lbs), had a good diet going with great workout routines. And invariably I have fallen on my face. So I went through with it. I am hoping the surgery will be the support that helps me back up when I fall. That restricts my ability to cheat on my diet. That helps me closer to a healthy weight than I have been before.

Now one week in, I can't say I am happy I did it. But I still know I would have dropped off that high I was on. Probably over the holidays.

I wish you the best of luck on your surgery.
    I love this blogging with others in my shoes. I too am in the pre opp stage, I have lost 12 lbs in 6 days. But I know there is no way I could continue on my own. I have done so many diets where I loose 25 to 40 lbs and then gain that plus more back. I want this more than Anything, so you all are helping me. Thank you for that. Good luck to all of you. My surgery date is Monday, December 12th. I live in Ga, and I am lucky my isnsurrance covers me. Cindy
    Hope your surgery was successful and you're starting to feel well.