Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

6-Month Surgery Post-op (plus 10 days)

Rate this Entry
I can't believe its been a minute since I last posted, life has a funny way of prioritizing daily routines, and while I do feel some sort of way about not being here to support those new in this journey and old friends, there is a sense of relief that life has normalized with this "new normal" way of life after Gastric Sleeve Surgery for me.

I have had a busy last busy last month to say the least, but my health and well being have had first priority, that's definitely a new normal for me!

So my fancy scale broke, and I was forced to live without the daily weigh-ins, but I knew my tool was and continues to work toward reaching a healthy weight. As of last week I'm a size 10. I feel as though I skipped size 12, and considering that I've had my moon twice since last weigh-in I feel ✨elated!

I will be wrapping up my graduate school application this week, my contract is at UT is ending next week, traveling to Guatemala for most of December, and I'm in a weird place in my relationship and have consider moving back to California.

I hope all is well with everyone that i have come to know in this forum, and if you are new and perusing through blogs to help you makeup your mind please know this surgery was the best decision i have made in my life! It stopped the unchecked weight gain due to prediabetic and Type 2 diabetes conditions, i have now lost close to 70 lbs or more. It's isn't easy, but it's worth the sacrifices ive have made to be where I am today. At least i know that I am on my way to a leaner healthier me!

Submit "6-Month Surgery Post-op (plus 10 days)" to Digg Submit "6-Month Surgery Post-op (plus 10 days)" to del.icio.us Submit "6-Month Surgery Post-op (plus 10 days)" to StumbleUpon Submit "6-Month Surgery Post-op (plus 10 days)" to Google

Comments

Shirlypoo! I've been thinking about you! I was in Austin yesterday. My daughter wanted to go to a hair lady that specializes in dreadlocks, so I drove with her for the ride. We went to an Ethiopian restaurant on S. Congress, then drove back to Sugar Land.

So glad to hear from you.
    Ps. Today is my exact 6 month date. I've lost a total of 76.6, and 66.6 since surgery. 11 to goal!
    You were in my neighborhood :-)
    Nice to hear from you. Glad you are busy living your new normal life.

As for skipping sizes, I discovered we go through them a lot faster at the lower sizes. Heck, my 20/22s could handle a good 30 pounds up or down, while the 6/7s feel drastically different with as little as a 5 pound fluctuation. Makes it easy to monitor small gains without ever even stepping on a scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Nice to hear from you. Glad you are busy living your new normal life.

As for skipping sizes, I discovered we go through them a lot faster at the lower sizes. Heck, my 20/22s could handle a good 30 pounds up or down, while the 6/7s feel drastically different with as little as a 5 pound fluctuation. Makes it easy to monitor small gains without ever even stepping on a scale.
    I never could understand when a little person would say they gained 5 or 10 lbs and their clothes didn't fit. I still haven't experienced that, but I haven't bought many smaller sizes yet. Went from 2xl to L in scrubs (but still wearing my XLs) and bought one new pair of jeans, but that's all so far...oh! And one shirt that was an XL, but in the regular section, not the plus sizes.

I think I'm afraid to spend too much.
    @Kindle that's funny you say that because my daughters are here for two weeks over the Thanksgiving holiday and yesterday both kept commenting that their clothes felt tighter. They wanted to sample every restaurant in our radius and then some and they nearly did! (One left yesterday and the other leaving tomorrow )

Funny thing was that I took them everywhere, at first they would be concerned that I was not ordering a regular meal, but after a few outings I would eat a bite or two off their plate. Some meals were just too large for them too.

For Thanksgiving we cooked and baked everything, and at mealtime I was so not interested in
    food or drink. I did eat turkey and ham until my heart was content (by that I mean tummy).
    Thanks for the update Shirl!
    I'm glad you are doing great!
    As for the relationship...may be give it time. My husband worked for three years in an other country, when we all got back together it was difficult. He was used to be by himself and couldn't stand the noise....3 kids do make noise...
    I mean...we do change a lot on the outside, it's also complicated for the people around us. They kind of lose us somewhere...men are visual creatures...I know my husband needed time and he is so worried about my health...sometimes for no reason! Of course my health has been complicated since he knows me (and me met in HS!) but now I can see that because I lost weight and look so different...he is even more worried than before...and now is better for my health than before!
    Anyway...may be it's just a question of time...best wishes! take care!
    Shirl, congrats on all your many successes. Very good to hear how positive this journey is for you. You're an adventurous soul. Keep exploring the world! (How could you not?)
    I'm so happy for you way to go! Size 10!!
    Definitely miss the sage advice from all y'all!

Still working on those applications so hopefully I can check in more regularly.

Sending immense love to each of you and wishing you a beautiful end of the year celebrations!