Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pam G

Staff Thanksgiving Potluck

Rate this Entry
Staff Thanksgiving Potluck today! I did pretty good. Didn't sample everything, but took only the things I really like and just a tiny bit. Ham, dressing, squash, gr bean cass, mac n cheese. And just bites of dessert: punkin pie, apple pie...didn't try anything that wasn't homemade. Snagged a piece of choco-flan cake for later today.

Carbs be damned!

And finally....someone brought Coke Zero!!! Every year, there are no sugar free drinks.

Submit "Staff Thanksgiving Potluck" to Digg Submit "Staff Thanksgiving Potluck" to del.icio.us Submit "Staff Thanksgiving Potluck" to StumbleUpon Submit "Staff Thanksgiving Potluck" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good for you. Were you able to tolerate the food??
    I tolerated it no problem whatsoever! I even went back for dessert seconds!

Of course I'll stop gorging right now, til Thursday, then not again for a long time. I've gone 6 months without a treat and barely any carbs for the past month (those 3 little macaroni elbows with cheese were heaven!)
    You had a good lunch! carbs but also protein and fibers! all good! too much carbs is not good for some of us but once in a while is ok!
    Did you read that book "The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss". Really interesting, especially because the doctor base his diet on research that has been there for a long time, to show what our grandma told us "don't eat candies" ;-)
    At the end of his book the doc does say that's for special occasion it's fine to have more carbs than usual..
    Yeah, I've been forgoing carbs of all sorts pretty much since surgery, so I felt like I could go a little "crazy" today and Thursday.

I might have gone just a leeeeetle bit overboard with the pumpkin pie. I just ate the filling, though, and not the crust....I've never liked pie crust.

It's back on the wagon now.