Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KariVSG

Surgery

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone i had my surgery on the 8th and have had problem since. I have had to have an additional procedure done on Friday the 18th. I have not been able to keep food or drink down. I went in on the 18 and had my throat re stretched and had a repeat EGD done he said i was super tight and things should start getting better. I cant keep any protein drinks down I can keep some jello but it is very painful. I have been off of work for 2 weeks and today is my first day back.

Submit "Surgery" to Digg Submit "Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so sorry you are having trouble. Please know that I'm praying for you. This is hard enough without problems.
    Thank you Jamma it is very hard. I will survive.
    So sorry to hear such bad news, I know you were really excited about having surgery. I wish you fast recovery so you can start enjoying your new healthy life!!
    so sorry to hear you are having such problems. Hopefully it will get better quickly!
    He said it was due to swelling

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    So sorry to hear such bad news, I know you were really excited about having surgery. I wish you fast recovery so you can start enjoying your new healthy life!!
    It can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by Laural
    so sorry to hear you are having such problems. Hopefully it will get better quickly!
    Hope you're on the mend quickly! Take care.
    Best wishes for a fast recovery!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Hope you're on the mend quickly! Take care.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Best wishes for a fast recovery!
    I hope you will get better soon
    Its getting better, cant eat alot, i kept a small amount of mashed potatoes down today for lunch. felt nice but made me feel very uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by ollina
    I hope you will get better soon
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    It can only get better
    I know you're trying to stay positive, and I wish you well with that. Unfortunately, that statement isn't true. It can and does get worse sometimes. Stay on top of it, Kari. I'm sure you've read enough of the horror that my daughter and I have gone through. It all started for us with not being able to get stuff down or keep it down. About a month and a half in is when it got really bad for both of us, so make sure you keep on your doctor's ass if things don't start getting better. Do your very best to get your vitamins in. Thiamine (B1) is critical...at least lack of that one is what did so much damage to my kid's brain.

Take good care of yourself, and check in often. All the best to you.