Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Theresa2

10 months

Rate this Entry
Last month was a bit of a stall. I lost 3 pounds but nothingbelse. This month I am down 5 pounds and a total of 5.5 inches. Yeah me. I am now eating between 75 and 90 grams of protein. But now that the colder weather is here I am struggling with my liquids. Who would have thought 2 years ago that I would have lost 80 pounds in 10 months. My goal was 100 pounds by my 1st surgiversary and I will be close.

Submit "10 months" to Digg Submit "10 months" to del.icio.us Submit "10 months" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 months" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats sleeve buddy!! 8 pounds in two months that's really good! great job Theresa! I had almost the same goal from my surgeon, 110 pounds (50kgs) but I think it will take a little longer than 12 months to reach his goal, that's ok plus I want to lose a little more to be completely out of the wood...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Congrats sleeve buddy!! 8 pounds in two months that's really good! great job Theresa! I had almost the same goal from my surgeon, 110 pounds (50kgs) but I think it will take a little longer than 12 months to reach his goal, that's ok plus I want to lose a little more to be completely out of the wood...
    I never got a recommendation from my clinic. They said it varies too much to set a goal, so they aim at 50 to 60 per cent of excess weight. I started boot camp this past week to start firming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    I never got a recommendation from my clinic.
    Actually my surgeon never said anything before I asked him how much he thought I could lose. He said that from his experience it would be about 50 kgs. I wanted to have a better idea based on his experience, not just studies...During my last post-op I did tell him that I didn't think I would reach those numbers at 12 months, he said not to worry because most of his patients lose until 18 months...but then the regain could show up...I'm trying to think "there's still 8 months" because I'm loosing with the speed of a snail and really want to get to a "normal weight" and be out of obesity....even if I'm still "overweight" it's fine with me, I started from so high! ...we'll see in July...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Actually my surgeon never said anything before I asked him how much he thought I could lose. He said that from his experience it would be about 50 kgs. I wanted to have a better idea based on his experience, not just studies...During my last post-op I did tell him that I didn't think I would reach those numbers at 12 months, he said not to worry because most of his patients lose until 18 months...but then the regain could show up...I'm trying to think "there's still 8 months" because I'm loosing with the speed of a snail and really want to get to a "normal weight" and be out of obesity....even if I'm still "overweight" it's fine with me, I started from so high! ...we'll see in July...
    I am now wearing a size dress I last saw when I started teachers college in 1984. I will be happy with losing 100 pounds, and firming up. Thus the bootcamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    I am now wearing a size dress I last saw when I started teachers college in 1984. I will be happy with losing 100 pounds, and firming up. Thus the bootcamp.
    Wow! a size you didn't see since 1984!! I would be pleased too!! that's great!
    Because I became obese with my first pregnancy (and gestational diabetes) at that time I basically went from a size 10 to 22 in less than one year. I don't think I will ever reach a size 10 again because the more pregnancies, the more our bodies change and at my biggest I was a size 24/26. Reaching a size 14 is my hope now.
    But I had the flu for the past two weeks and almost no exercise at all...I see a big difference with last month when I was walking a minimum of 5 miles per day...