Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Fatbgone

Post surgery

Rate this Entry
I had my surgery on the 9th. It went much better than expected. I am currently concerned that I might become dehydrated because I don't think I'm getting enough.liquids in. I realize it's early in recovery, but I can tell this is going to work. I don't see how people gain their weight back or don't lose it with a sleeve. That seems impossible.
I haven't set a weight goal, but I have set a size goal.
I am currently a size 22. By Christmas I want to be a size 18-20. I think I can do it!
Wish me luck and I'll keep you informed on the fluids.
It was not extremely painful. Did it gurt? Of course. Is it tolerable? Yes.
Just do what they tell you to do and you'll be fine.

Submit "Post surgery" to Digg Submit "Post surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Post surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Post surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Dehydration is a main issue for sleevers. Most of us will have an episode at some point. Drinking/sipping all day is important.
    Regarding your restriction, it wont be the same and each month you can tolerate a little more volume. For me the key was to stick to a portion (no more than 1/2 cup until at least month 6).
    Now I can eat almost one cup and I will be at month 10 ten next week. I never overeat.
    Your food choice will also make a huge difference indeed, I always go for quality. I can't eat too much carbs..but still have a little each week because my doc did warn me that eating only protein was bad for my kidneys..
    I started at size 24/26 and it took me almost six months to get to a size 20. I'm a slow loser, and I'm ok with it. The most important is lose each month and reach a goal at the end. It's important to give yourself time, your body will need to adjust to your new stomach. There is lots of stalls( around 3 weeks I had a major one, and many others after) so I use the scale once or twice a week, no more...good luck in your journey! take care!
    IM two years out and can eat more now and drink wine than ever before. I've put 10 pounds back on from my lowest weight but I really can't overeat but I can eat all the bad stuff and not exercise, which catches up with you. It's a balancing act now, long gone is the first year bliss where no matter what you do you lose weight. Give it a few years and you'll see the challenging difference. Enjoy now though, it is a serious high to lose so much weight. I LOVE my new tummy, it's just my habits that can turn south.
    Hi there!!

I had my surgery on November 2nd of this year. I had major issues in the beginning. I ended up back in the hospital with dehydration. What I learned from my experience and the lovely people on here is, Tea. Tea works wonders. Arnica tea worked for me, it also helped with my swelling. You can mix a little bit of regular juice with water. It was in my book and it helped as well. Find a flavor packet that you like. I can get down sugar free peach tea. It's better to just keep sipping the water in small sips than nothing at all. I went from a size 24 to 18. Maybe I was always swollen?? Everyone is different. I'm still having right side pain issues where my biggest incision was. Everything is healing nicely though. Oh yes stay away from the scale.Ive been driving myself nuts. It was going down and then all of a sudden it stopped, then went up, then back down. I've been having BM's every three days and I can't wait till I'm back to normal. Sugar free jello & popsicles helped and I made chocolate protein pops out of my chocolate premier protein shakes. That helped a lot too when drinking it was too hard to get down. I had horrible burning heartburn in the beginning and now it's gone. I go for small walks to keep moving and today I will see my surgeon and hopefully get cleared for longer walks. Wishing you the very best!!!