Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Suziegirl

Slowly Gaining weight

Rate this Entry
So I haven't been on here in a while I was doing amazing stayed at goal weight for a year I was so happy. I met the man of my dreams and I married him all in a year and a half and I credit my weight loss because with out it I would have never met him I know this. I also had skin removal surgery this year. Anyway I was doing so good but now I'm starting to notice my weight is creeping up I keep gaining a couple pounds here and there so in the last 2 months I have gained 10 lbs. I am starting to get really scared I don't want to gain all my weight back and I can't afford to be resleeved. I honestly have no motivation to go to the gym and I try very hard to eat as healthy as possible and I feel like I'm doing a good job on the eating part but I really don't know what to do. I want to loose the 10 lbs before we start trying to get pregnant in a month. So just curious does anyone have any pointers or could point me in the right direction. Thank you all for the support over the years it's been 2 years since I was sleeved

Submit "Slowly Gaining weight" to Digg Submit "Slowly Gaining weight" to del.icio.us Submit "Slowly Gaining weight" to StumbleUpon Submit "Slowly Gaining weight" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If you dont have motivation to go to the gym then i guess your going to have to switch up your foods and cut back on some things, probably not what you wanted to hear, but you have to compromise somewhere. Take a walk around the block its a start. Im just trying to help and not to be a Debbie downer . Get an at home exercise program do it at home you dont have to go to the gym
    I completely agree with you when it comes to food I do tend to snack alot and the biggest reason to that is cause I'm super bored at work but I try to snack on fruits and vegetables I don't know how bad grapes are for you but that is the thing I snack on the most. I've also been trying to find somewhere I can get a 7 day meal plan I think something telling me exactly what I can eat everyday would help me as well
    What and how much did you eat and how active were you during the year that you maintained successfully? How is that different than what you are doing now? Therin lies the secret to your success. You may have to kick it into high gear in order to lose that 10 pounds, but then go back to your previous maintenance success.

You could start with the 5 day pouch test. Then stick with solid protein and veggies only. Get the carbs out of your system. Find something to do when you're bored...start a project, go for a walk, volunteer somewhere, clean, organize, read a book. Are you attending any sort of bariatric support group? If you are finding yourself not being able to say no to food, check out an addiction recovery program. Some folks like OA, but I found www.smartrecovery.org to be much more practical for me.

Are you still getting 80+ grams of protein and 100+ ounces of water every day? These are key to my success.
    start tracking everything to see if you are really doing fine on the nutrition. (enough calories/not too much, protein grams, not too much fat)

are you drinking the water still?

any changes in meds or anything that would cause gain?

get back to the basics.

if you DO need to lose....there are reset programs out there to google; I prefer sleek and sassy nutrition that helps a lot of folks get back on track.
    Just get back to the basics of how we sleeved people should eat. Follow the rules. You'll lose those 10 pounds in no time.

I highly recommend exercise, it's how I've maintained my weight for over 2 years. I can eat more now than that whole first year, so the exercise balances that out. I hate gyms too, I just get outside and walk or run. Easy and free. (OK you do have to buy a good pair or shoes.) Exercise is good for you physically and mentally. It just makes you feel better. For me it's a stress reliever to be outside in nature. And now with the beautiful fall weather and leaves, lovely!
    If you want to snack, try something other than fruit. Even though it's natural sugar, it's still sugar. I'd try a more protein based snack. With me, the more carbs I eat, the more carbs I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by southernmom
    If you want to snack, try something other than fruit. Even though it's natural sugar, it's still sugar. I'd try a more protein based snack. With me, the more carbs I eat, the more carbs I want.
    Agree. I was appalled when I figured how the nutrition info for my homemade smoothies! I used 3 fruits and 3 veggies and water.....holy moly! I stopped those ASAP.
    Catch this NOW before it goes out of control...nip it in the bud. Go back to the basics I know this is not what you want to hear but it is what will work
    In the last 2 days I've already cut down the amount I eat and what I eat back to healthy foods no potatoes or corn I don't eat till I'm full I use smaller plates so it looks like lots but it's not really I hope that help me
    Hi! I just put on 5, so no judgement here. I will just share with you my plan to get it off-remember I am talking to myself as well! You absolutely cannot be wishy-washy about this!! No, well, I TRY not to do this or that-that's bulls***. Ann gave me the best advice once-just put the snacks away-you don't need them! Esp fruits-they are full of carbs. Today I am having my coffee-sugar free creamer. No putting a little of the other in for added flavor. Meat and low-carb veggies all day. Absolutely NO sugar this week! It makes my glucose levels jump all over the place, and makes my stomach hurt anyway. What normal person knows that, but still craves it??? Apparently me! lol. So, the hard part for me will be the next few days as I detox and get back on it. I am hormonal, and bloated too. Not feeling my best, for sure. But here's the thing-if I/we don't get it under control TODAY, there will be no happy feeling of having met your goal again. That is good motivation for me anyway. I do wish you all the best, and hope you are able to stand up to and for yourself!
    Year I'm 2 years out and gained 10, although I would like to lose it and get back to my itty bitty 9 month weight, my body does not like that, for the most part. I have to exercise or I gain. Face it girl, exercise is a huge part for us and you need to find something you love. Another sleeve wont get you there, it's not your opening that's changed, its your habits. Google Dr Weiner and bariatric, he has the best videos and will re-motivate you to start again.
    This time of the year is so hard for me to exercise. I use to walk just about every day. Now it's dark when I get home and I've gained. I'm so frustrate! Walking was so easy. My son use to go with me but now he doesn't want too because it's dark out.
    Remind me, how many ounces should we be eating per meal? I need to go back to basics, but I forget the basics. I'm at 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winniep12
    This time of the year is so hard for me to exercise. I use to walk just about every day. Now it's dark when I get home and I've gained. I'm so frustrate! Walking was so easy. My son use to go with me but now he doesn't want too because it's dark out.
    Remind me, how many ounces should we be eating per meal? I need to go back to basics, but I forget the basics. I'm at 3 years.
    You must not live in a neighborhood with street lights. Anywhere close by that would be lit and safe? Or even a mall?
    I totally agree maintenance is impossible without exercise unless you are perfect with what you eat, which I am not. And anyone who has ever had a weight problem (ALL of us!) have proven we can't stick with perfection when it comes to our diet.

I know many on this site stick to the plan exactly, counting every calorie and carb, never eating one cookie, but I'm wondering if that can last the rest of their lives. I'll take the cookie with my 5 mile hike please! I'm three years out and have maintained goal weight for over 2 years.