Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

miamiblake33

78 days post op - the body I always wanted

Rate this Entry
I've lost a total of 53 lbs since August 11. People are really noticing and of course that feels great. I can eat just about anything I want to, but I can't eat a lot of it.

My scars are pink and very visible but slowly fading. I've been weight training to help add muscle and burn calories more efficiently at a resting state. My waist is tightening up, my calves and thighs look strong. The flab flaps on my arms are becoming smaller. My butt looks less like two pigs fighting and more like a butt should look. The weight training is a miracle. It really is. I've read about people that are worried about hanging skin. Building muscle helps tighten up that skin and create curve in all the right places. I'm starting to have a flattering, feminine body instead of a blob body. I've been in they gym for 33 days and it is already starting to work.

I haven't lost any hair. In fact, my hair and finger nails are growing like crazy. I make sure to take my liquid vitamins every single morning without fail. I take a multi, b-complex, vitamin C, and calcium. I mix them all in one glass and drink it first thing in the morning. I call it my "potion." It is not gross and I look forward to the energy boost it gives me. I drink THREE premier protein shakes a day with little meals sprinkled in between. Not everything agrees with me, so it is all about trial and error.

At this point, I have absolutely no regrets. My life is becoming routine and easy. Head hunger still occurs, and I don't always win that battle. I had pop chips the other day. The only good thing about it is that I only can fit in about 6 chips before I can't eat anymore. The sleeve has proved to be an excellent tool for me to combat exactly my issues. I would start eating and couldn't stop. Now I can't eat all that crap even if I tried.

I have some heart burn here and there. Nothing I can't live with. I take gaviscon and it helps significantly.

I still can't drink plain water. I have two or more vitamin water zeros a day and they go down easy.

I will be posting some before and current pictures soon!

Submit "78 days post op - the body I always wanted" to Digg Submit "78 days post op - the body I always wanted" to del.icio.us Submit "78 days post op - the body I always wanted" to StumbleUpon Submit "78 days post op - the body I always wanted" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats, keep up the great work...you see it's paying off!
    you are doing great and an inspiration. My surgery is scheduled for November the 8th. Im so excited
    So awesome, great inspiration!!
    What am amazing story! Thanks for posting and keep us updated.
    yay! my hair loss didn't start til after 3 mo I did "everything right", too. Just keep on keeping on....any hardships are temporary.
    I have a question and you may be able to help.. is so difficult for me to drink the protein they recommended is so nasty I can't.. did you drink those during your first days?? or what kind of protein did you intake..

thank you so much.
    Milly
    I am so proud of you!!!! You are amazing my sweet friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly23
    I have a question and you may be able to help.. is so difficult for me to drink the protein they recommended is so nasty I can't.. did you drink those during your first days?? or what kind of protein did you intake..

thank you so much.
    Milly

Hey Milly,

I didn't drink any protein shakes until two weeks after surgery. I couldn't get them down. I tried so many shakes also. The only shakes that I could really tolerate were Atkins shakes and the premier protein. I would keep trying! I forced myself because I didn't want to lose my hair!
    Such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing! ♥
    I'm only on day 2 and clear liquids. I'm surprised (and encouraged) you are doing so well with Mostly protein shakes as meals (which I also have always enjoyed even before surgery). My Dr said after a month that liquid calories were bad and solid food calories were good...I think because it slows down digestion and doesn't pass through the stomach as fast so we can get more nutrients. Any issues with hunger or tiredness from Getting so much of your protein thru Liquid shakes?