Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katrina

Feeling worried, sad, and overwhelmed

Rate this Entry
I'm sitting at the hospital where they just took my dad back to have his VSG done. As I watched my daughter sitting in her wheelchair, her whole body twitching and eyes jerking, saying good bye to him, it took all I had to keep my composure. If not for this surgery she wouldn't be disabled, and here I am watching my father go back to have it done to him. It's incredibly scary.

Tomorrow I leave for Birmingham, four hours from home, to take my daughter to see a new doctor that her neurologist has requested her to see. He will be doing an assessment and intake paperwork already knowing that he will be admitting her to the hospital on Monday for longterm refeeding. We will once again be far away from home for an extended period of time trying to get her to a healthier state. He told me this will take months to a year or even longer. It's quite stressful, but necessary.

I'm so tired.

Submit "Feeling worried, sad, and overwhelmed" to Digg Submit "Feeling worried, sad, and overwhelmed" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling worried, sad, and overwhelmed" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling worried, sad, and overwhelmed" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Katrina, I've been on your Facebook page and see all the struggles your beautiful girl has gone through. She is one tough chick!
    I can only imagine what your going thru. And how scary it must be waiting while your father has the surgery. I hope everything is going well for him. I still can't believe all the problems your daughter has had from the VSG, supposed to a life changing surgery for the better. Not worse. So many of us take forgranted how lucky we are to be a success story, or to have gotten thru the surgery with no issues. You and your family are in my prayers.
    IM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER
    Oh Katrina, I am so sorry you are still going through all of this. And I can completely understand how hard it must of been to see your Dad go into the operating room. I pray that everything went perfect with him and pray even harder that your little girl gets all the help she needs for a better life. I have to say your new picture is beautiful and just the fact that you have a smile on your face says what a strong person you are. I truly believe God only gives us as much as we can handle and I think as a Mother you are doing an amazing job. Try to keep smiling no matter how hard it gets and please know you and your entire Family are in our thoughts and Prayers. I'm sure you already know but we are here for you no matter what so vent, scream and cry away because you have our support and we will always listen and help you along the way. God Bless and I wish you the best of luck with everything!
    how's your dad doing?
    Thanks, you guys!
    Dad's surgery went well. He's not feeling too spiffy, but who does after having their gut cut up? He had a terrible headache all day yesterday. That seems to have subsided for the most part today. Mothe was very reserved in using descriptors when I asked how he was behaving. That tells me he is being a super grump and she couldn't say it out loud. Ha!

My daughter's appointment was a cluster fuck. I'll make a whole new blog about that. I'm still so flabbergasted by it right now that it will probably be later before I can even attempt to put it into words. She's still scheduled to be admitted at 10 am on Monday, but oh Hell NO! I CAN'T EVEN WITH THAT DOCTOR!